The Email Marketing Associate will be a key member of the marketing team, focusing on the Museum’s email programs and related CRM activities. This role will report to the Associate Director of CRM and Email Marketing. The Email Marketing Associate will also assist, when required, with other marketing initiatives, contributing to the Museum’s many marketing efforts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work in the Museum’s email and CRM platforms to develop and manage email marketing campaigns, including list pulling and management, personalization, A/B tests, triggered sends, and dynamic content.
- Build and maintain all emails for marketing as well as assist other departments with their builds as needed.
- Oversee the creation and distribution of the Museum’s main email newsletters, including writing copy, building the email, coordinating versioning with the Membership team, and segmenting the list.
- Perform basic analysis using tools and platforms related to email. Develop insights/reports that can be shared with key constituents and include data-driven recommendations for optimization.
- Work with the marketing team to grow the Museum’s use of email as a communications platform by helping identify and implement new strategies and tools.
- Serve as an institution-wide resource for email best practices and troubleshooting and assist other departments with their email needs.
- Maintain the Museum’s master email calendar including coordinating between departments to ensure an acceptable level of sends for each of our subscribers.
- QA all email builds to ensure they meet all technical and accessibility requirements as well as align with the Museum’s style guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years' experience working in an organization’s email program.
- Basic proficiency with HTML/CSS, email coding, and experience using content management systems.
- Knowledgeable of email design, build, and deliverability best practices.
- Able to understand and interpret critical email metrics.
- Familiar with list segmentation strategies and personalization.
- Experience with a CRM platform, preferably Tessitura.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with Museum’s existing ESP (Wordfly) and CRM (Tessitura).
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Excel for quantitative analysis, and Word and PowerPoint for communication.
- Design, creative, and/or copywriting experience.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop.
- Experience in a museum, non-profit or academic setting.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities, and to do so independently.
- A positive, professional attitude and be a collaborative team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.