Do you want to change the world? Are you a little left-brained and a little right-brained? GreaterGood is looking for a talented out-of-the-box copywriter and marketer with a passion for email marketing. Every day you will be crafting clever emails, engaging subscribers, and brainstorming campaigns and strategies to propel the program toward success. Millions of people will see your creations; this is an opportunity to build your marketing skills and craft content that makes a difference.
If you’re interested in making a positive impact on the world, and want to apply, read on to learn more about the job, then:
· Submit your resume and cover letter.
· Please include two short marketing-focused writing samples; links to portfolios are encouraged!
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Seeing an email through from beginning to end, including copywriting, art direction, and link building.
· Collaborating with other writers and designers to create emails.
· Editing copy, testing email blasts, verifying email links and helping to ensure the best subscriber experience possible.
· Scrutinizing the results of your efforts and creating future content and strategies based on campaign performance.
· Bringing your unique and awesome personality to the email team!
· Have at least two years of experience in writing marketing copy (ad, product, promotional) and/or cause-related copy.
· Be able to write effective copy of various lengths--headlines, short two-sentence blurbs, long-form newsletters, etc. – for various brands/audiences, and to achieve a variety of goals.
· Have proficiency using computer and general business applications (e.g. Microsoft Office suite), and demonstrated ability to learn new software and online applications.
· Have at least a basic understanding of how to review metrics to evaluate campaign performance.
· Be able to work independently and within a team.
· Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Be attentive to detail and have ability to work quickly yet with accuracy.
· Have the ability to take initiative; offer new ideas; keep abreast of competition and market trends.
· Enjoy and be successful in a fast-paced workflow.
· Have passion for making a positive impact on the world.
· Definitely have a sense of humor!
It Would Be Great If You:
- Have email marketing experience, including familiarity with email marketing platforms.Have experience using Google Analytics and/or analyzing marketing campaigns through other platforms.
- Have experience working with graphic design or directing graphic designers.
- Have experience with basic HTML or CSS.
Interested candidates must submit two short marketing-focused writing samples along with a resume and cover letter; an additional writing portfolio is encouraged. Only candidates who submit their resume with a cover letter and writing samples will be considered.
No phone calls from applicants or third party recruiters please.
GreaterGood / CharityUSA.com offers competitive benefits including:
· Full health insurance plan including medical, dental and vision
· Life insurance
· Long-term disability
· 401(k) Plan
· Company paid transit pass
· Paid time off (vacation, holiday and sick)
About the Company: GreaterGood / CharityUSA.com (http://www.greatergood.com) owns and operates the popular suite of “Click to Give” websites and shop-to-give stores, attracting over 5 million unique visitors each month. Our visitors are passionate about the causes we support.
We are a leader in online activism and a dynamic force in the fight to end world hunger, provide mammograms to women in need, support diabetes research, aid veterans, promote literacy, support families living with autism, preserve the world's rain forests, and provide care for unwanted animals.
Our websites bring together communities that care, giving you the power to make a difference in the world with simple, every day actions. You can benefit leading nonprofit organizations by choosing from a range of activities including clicking on the free contribution button daily, and shopping for gifts, apparel, jewelry, and home décor in our do-good stores to give even more funding.