Husky is a company with a strong foundation built on innovation, close customer relationships, a strong sense of community and a unique culture and values. We are looking for people with the inspiration and talent to develop with us as we pursue our ambitious growth strategy.
Husky offers a wealth of opportunity for personal growth and development. Most importantly, Husky offers an opportunity to work with – and be challenged by – a team of great people. Our success is possible because of the creativity, intelligence and passion of our people around the world and their desire to lead change. At the same time, we are not afraid to expect a lot and strive for leadership in all of our key markets. We are a company taking on new challenges and for the right people this means exceptional career development opportunities, the chance to be part of a team that is the best in the world at what we do and the experience that comes from working in an environment that demands constant transformation and innovation.
Husky’s Canadian manufacturing facilities and global headquarters are located in Bolton, Ontario on a large, beautiful campus located just 20 minutes north of Toronto’s Pearson International Airport. Features include a fitness and wellness center, intramural sports activities, on-site cafeteria, and clean, state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities with outstanding safety records. We offer a great work environment and competitive total compensation package, including above market retirement savings plan and market competitive group benefits.
Husky is an exciting company with tremendous potential. We have a great team and great expectations. If you are attracted to bold goals, believe in uncompromising honesty, support mutual respect, care about environmental responsibility, have a passion for excellence and a desire to make a positive contribution – then we want you to join the Husky team!
The Email & Marketing Automation Specialist, will take an active role in the development of our integrated email marketing programs and campaigns as part of our growing marketing team. Using insights and a keen business sense you will be the functional expert on email marketing to optimize existing strategies and create new programs that drive demand, results and revenue. You are a stickler for detail, thrive in fast-paced cross-functional teams and are a problem-solver by nature.
- Support the planning, coordination and execution of all global email and CRM marketing
- Manage and build overall email and CRM marketing strategy
- Serve as knowledge expert and company lead on email and CRM marketing
- Utilize knowledge to advocate and champion new ideas strategies that will drive growth
Build and deploy email campaigns
- Oversee day-to-day email campaign execution, including set-up, segmentation, scheduling, testing, tagging, deployment and reporting
- Ensure timely completion and execution of email campaigns and identify areas of improvement
- Perform quality control checks and proof-reading of coded emails to ensure campaigns meet the company’s content and brand guidelines
- Ensure emails meet company policies and follow industry best practices
- Work closely with internal clients to ensure that the email calendar is up to date and that required resources have been received to ensure effective email delivery
Automation and drip campaigns
- Create automated outreach programs that deliver highly targeted content based on a number of factors including prior purchase history, recent interactions and in-market campaigns
- Work with stakeholders to plan and execute marketing automation triggers, flows and lists
- Leverage results and insights to optimize and expand drip campaigns
Lists and segmentation
- Maintain list health by managing deliverability and contact frequency, and advising on content
- Define effective and actionable user segments that can be utilized to tailor content and messaging
- Collaborate with database team on methods for improving data consistency and to build tools that allow for quick and easy access to data across multiple systems
- Maintain ongoing reports that track key metrics such as open rate, click-through rate, opt-out rate, conversion rate and others by various segments
- Analyze campaign data to share actionable insights and opportunities with management, and suggest ways to adjust and improve
Skills And Qualifications
- Degree or diploma in business or marketing-related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role for a global organization
- Self-starter and results-driven, with a passion for learning and problem-solving
- Experience using personalization, behavioral data and customer segmentation for email marketing strategies
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams
- Experience with Hubspot, Eloqua or other marketing automation platforms
- Strong experience building and testing emails with tools such as MJML and Litmus, and specific knowledge of coding HTML and CSS for emails
- Strong project management skills with experience using Jira, Confluence and Slack preferred
- Experience in the fitness, health or wellness industries is preferred, but not mandatory
- Analytical, with strong experience using numbers to deliver marketing insights and action using Excel, Google Analytics and other tools