The Email Marketing Analyst will support the global digital marketing team, in the Biosciences Division, with analysis and reporting to optimize channel performance. This individual will oversee the performance of email engagement, segmentation, regional differences & contact advancement through the funnel to drive critical channel metrics including open rates, unsubscribe rates, post click engagement, and lead generation.
The ideal candidate has experience in analyzing digital marketing campaign data (ideally email), building reports, and visualizing data in tools like PowerBI, Adobe Analytics, Excel and PowerPoint. This role will routinely perform data analysis and visualization tasks to promote decisions for the email marketing channel. Your primary data sources will include Eloqua, PowerBI, Adobe, Salesforce, and Cognos.
If you are a critical thinker, who loves data and enjoys continuously discovering important performance trends, this position is for you! You should be proficient in industry-leading analytics methodologies and strive to find ways to improve reporting efficiency and accuracy. To thrive in this position, you should enjoy working in a highly matrix global organization and collaborating with large teams across multiple departments and regions.
- Provide recurring/ad hoc reporting and data visualizations for the global email team
- Oversee email campaign performance metrics to monitor MoM/YoY trends and ensure reporting efficiency and accuracy
- Report on key performance indicators, engagement, and lead generation initiatives
- Use multiple data sources to indicate performance trends and pacing to established targets
- Create templates to effectively deliver insights for channel strategists and stakeholders
- Build and maintain marketing performance dashboards; audit, analyze, and recommend improvements to clearly communicate performance trends by business & region
- Partner closely with email strategist to develop insights from reporting trends
- Consistent collaboration with email strategist, email operations and business partners
- Relationship management between analytics teams, data engineers & IT
- Proficiency in synthesizing sophisticated analysis into simple, meaningful, and measurable insights
- Track & report on performance for email pilots; A/B testing, dynamic content, modular content
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in analytics for digital marketing: email, web, BI, CRM etc.
- Expertise with leading analytics tools such as PowerBI, Excel & Adobe
- Ability to extract information from common SQL and NoSQL databases. SQL scripting capabilities. Cognos knowledge preferred
- Skilled at manipulating numbers. Demonstrated Analytics and/or data architecture skills
- Strong graphic and visualization skills. Ability to convey and advise on the best possible data visualizations to achieve desire performance insights
- Demonstrated project management and project planning skills
- Experience with digital marketing and eCommerce (B2C & B2B)
- Preferred Experience:
- Experience using data from: Eloqua, Cognos, Salesforce (or similar)
- Practical knowledge of email marketing
- Experience with project management tools (e.g. Workfront, Jira)
- Data Science familiarity/interest
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Exceptional analytical skills with ability to present meaningful findings through data visualizations
- Strong time management, organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Continuously seeks self-education to improve techniques and advance analytics methods
- Independently exercises good judgment. Selects appropriate methods and techniques for solving routine to complex problems
- Comfortable presenting executive summaries and actionable insights to small and large audiences
- Attention to detail
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.