You will be part of the PBK email marketing team, working with brand ecommerce, creative, copy and deployment leads to support the daily email messages. The team is focused on testing, innovation and driving the email program forward, while delivering relevant content to our customers. You are also a member of the larger Pottery Barn Family marketing team that works across the different channels and brands sharing results, tests and overall ideas in an environment that fosters creativity.
About the Role
As an Email Marketing Analyst, you will contribute to the planning, execution, and analysis of direct marketing strategies to drive the Pottery Barn Kids business in the email channel. You will execute Email Marketing plans to increase incremental profit and support Brand Objectives for Pottery Barn Kids. You will coordinate with Brand Ecommerce teams, centralized Email Marketing group, and Direct Marketing to implement strategy. You will conduct analysis and provide insight to improve efficiency. In addition, you will develop and execute email circulation and sales plans, analyze sales data to identify trends and opportunities, and work closely with our deployment team to insure timely and flawless email sends. Great excel skills and the ability to manage a budget (tracking and reconciling) are highly important attributes. Your ability to adapt to change, thrive in ambiguity and work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing multi-channel retail environment is a must. This is a great opportunity to work with a growing brand in a world-class marketing organization and learn from the ground up.
- Manage, verify, and track invoices, obtain approvals and maintain expense history binder, and reconcile actual versus budgeted expenses -- communicate variances and reasoning to the team. Submit to external partners in a timely manner.
- Interact with peers on other WSI brands to share best practices and test results.
- Maintain key documents -- assist with email calendar, trigger documentation, and more.
- Provide support in preparation of seasonal and/or monthly presentations to brand partners.
- Responsible for weekly email reporting, including customer engagement metrics, trends, test results and campaign performance. Share with cross-functional stakeholders in Merchandising, Creative and Inventory, making recommendations for improvements based on findings.
- Maintain reporting archives including campaign images.
- Participate in preparing seasonal and quarterly performance recaps and presentations to brand partners. Provide ad hoc reporting and analyses upon request.
- Coordinate tracking tags for all campaigns from production through approval process using spreadsheet macros.
- Assign and test all campaign links for accuracy prior to launch. Maintain historical archive. Coordinate with brand to define appropriate landing pages.
- Pull Promotion Codes from the Promotion Code tool, ensuring accuracy and business rule compliance.
- Liaison with internal and external service groups including deployment, ecom and finance.
- Perform database uploads for each seasonal campaign; perform necessary checks and balances to ensure flawless uploads.
- Participate in the development of seasonal circulation and sales plans to drive the business.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in online marketing or email marketing preferred
- Retail marketing or retail experience preferred
- Relevant undergrad, graduate or internship experience also considered
- Proven track record in managing and optimizing a budget to ROI goals
- Analytical, proactive, problem-solver with an insatiable curiosity
- Strategic and analytical thinker; ability to evaluate alternatives and develop effective solutions
- Able to see trends and to extract actionable insights from data to drive results
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills; must have excellent communication & presentation skills
- Ability to build effective relationships within the team & with cross-functional partners & vendors
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment; able to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced business
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong Excel spreadsheet proficiency
Benefits Just for You
Depending on your position and your location, here are a few highlights of what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brands
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial, and emotional health
Your Journey in Continued Learning
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Resources for self-development
- Advisor (Mentor) program
- Career development workshops and learning programs
- Speaker series
WSI will not commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position at this time (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration).
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams Sonoma, Williams Sonoma Home, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn teen, pottery barn kids, Rejuvenation, Mark & Graham, west elm, or Outward. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.