We invite you to be part of our team of trailblazers dedicated to helping people discover and enjoy the outside. Come join us. Because on the inside we’re all outsiders. And if it’s outside, we’re all in.
L.L.Bean is currently searching for an Email Marketing Analyst to join our Marketing team.
Position Purpose: The Email Marketing Analyst will play a critical role in the maintenance of L.L.Bean’s Email customer file and the evolution of the technical toolset supporting the Email program. This role will also drive analysis of L.L.Bean’s email marketing campaigns, with a focus on driving customer file retention, subscriber engagement, conversion and profitable sales. This cross-functional role is designed for a marketing enthusiast with a deep analytical and technical background and a passion for building and optimizing engaging customer experiences.
Duties & Responsibilities
Drive a deep understanding of email campaign performance
- Track and analyze performance, identify trends and make recommendations for improvements
- Build out & optimize reporting capabilities
- Partner with content planner to develop & communicate context around results for partners throughout the organization
- Support ad hoc analytical projects as needed
- Manage and drive growth of the email customer file
- Analyze and diagnose sources of file acquisition and attrition
- Identify and partner with cross-functional teams to execute tactics to support file health and acquisition
- Maintain and prioritize technical development backlog for the Email program
- Identify/intake and capture new requests & opportunities
- Review insights, customer feedback, and analytics to inform backlog prioritization
- Support IS in defining specific requirements, executing on development tasks, and evaluating implementation options
- Drive alignment between the development team and business stakeholders
- Represent email marketing team in development team meetings as required
- Support daily campaign execution process as needed
- Audience selection, vendor coordination & documentation, campaign set up and QA, etc.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to provide in-depth analysis, interpret data and develop action plans
- Able to communicate clearly, persuasively, and diplomatically to a wide range of audiences
- A positive team player with the ability to collaborate effectively with business and technical teams and manage vendor relationships
- Ability to manage prioritized backlogs, and flexibility to shift prioritization with business needs
- Ability to prioritize and adhere to deadlines while managing multiple projects and complex processes
- Highly organized and proactive in finding (sometimes creative) solutions to issues
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, changing business environment
- Able to think strategically and execute tactics flawlessly
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; experience in SQL or Tableau a plus
- Demonstrated ability to learn technical platforms; direct experience with Oracle Responsys email platform a plus
- Experience using JIRA and Agile development methodologies desired
- Education: BA/BS or equivalent required
- Experience: 3-5 years; strong preference for direct to consumer email marketing experience
If you care about the outdoors, joining L.L.Bean is a great way to feel good about what you do. Our benefits package makes a good thing even better, with programs and perks designed to support your health and financial goals. Plus, maintaining a healthy work-life balance and re-charging outside are all part of the plan. Because, when it comes to the outside—we’re all in. Visit llbeancareers.com to learn more.
From coastal marsh to alpine forest, ecosystems depend on diversity to flourish. We believe the same is true in the workplace. That’s why L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer, committed to sustaining our strengths by welcoming all kinds of people.