The Email Marketing Analyst is responsible for reporting, analysis, data-management, and automation for the Boot Barn email marketing program. This role requires thorough understanding of email production, deployment, tracking, workflow building and segmentation. This position will support a fast-paced team focused on driving customer engagement through trigger communications, lifecycle marketing, as well as promotional and event campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage reports and analyze results of segmented email communications.
- Maintain high attention to detail and provide ongoing QA across all aspects of the ESP.
- Manage lifecycle emails including workflow, reporting, and analysis.
- Monitor data flowing into ESP from stores & ecommerce platforms.
- Monitor deliverability, identify issues and recommend actions to improve inbox placement rate.
- Import and export data from/to 3rd party vendor partners as needed.
- Build custom email segments as needed for daily deployments.
- Log & monitor any bugs in the email marketing program and effectively resolve the issues by working closely with ESP to fix or improve any issue.
- Utilize ESP dynamic code to display personalized content.
- Able to code and deploy emails if needed as back-up support for Email Marketing Specialist.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Demonstrate high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with peers and management.
- Demonstrate high level of quality of work, accuracy, and innovation.
- Adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures and Safety Regulations.
- Adhere to local, state, and federal employment laws.
- Additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to your position/department.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary and especially during the holidays.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience.
- 1-2 years in email marketing experience
- Previous experience using modern ESP highly preferred (Cordial, Klaviyo, Braze, SailThru, etc)
- Hands on experience working on email campaigns to support branding and merchandising across channels.
- HTML/CSS (experience with any additional coding languages is a plus
- Comfortable with basic “if/then/else” logic statements used for dynamic content and segments
- Knowledge of email best practices, deliverability, and CAN-SPAM legislation.
- Strong excel skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- E-Commerce and retail experience preferred
- Previous experience handling large sets of data preferred
- Critical thinking
- Results Orientated
- Time Management
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Standing, walking and squatting less than fifty percent of the work shift
- Required to lift, move and carry up to 20 pounds
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports
- Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms
- Moderate: Mostly standing, walking, bending, frequent lifting
- Light: Office work, some lifting, bending, stooping or kneeling, walking
In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
- The work space is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated with the proper safety compliance
- Noise levels are considered low
Boot Barn, Inc. reserves the right to make exceptions to, modify or eliminate this document or its content. This document supersedes all previous policies, procedures or guidelines pertaining to this subject.