Life at Swoop
When you work for Swoop, you’re part of something big. We’re a small airline with a big dream of bringing Canadians the freedom to travel where life takes them. We are innovators, collaborators, risk-takers and entrepreneurs who act with integrity and always put safety first.
Whether you are painting the skies magenta on a Swoop Boeing 737-800 or working at our Calgary HQ, we all play a role in upholding our values, mission and most importantly, disrupting the Canadian aviation industry through affordable travel.
Swoop is wholly owned subsidiary of the WestJet Group but make no mistake, we march to the beat of our own drum. At Swoop, our-day-to-day operations are vastly different and deliberately separate, but carefully aligned to complement the big-picture strategy of the WestJet Group.
Reporting to the Team Lead Marketing & Communications, the Marketing Automation Advisor at Swoop is responsible for the successful planning, execution, optimization and reporting of Swoop’s Marketing Automation strategy. The Marketing, Digital and Communications teams work collaboratively and cross-functionally to deliver on multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced, start-up environment. A growth-hacker mindset (think scale) and the ability to think strategically, prioritize, stick to tight timelines and adapt at a moment’s notice are vital attributes for the successful candidate. A results-oriented, team player with a proven track record of success in marketing automation will be well suited for this role.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Drive the selection process for a ULCC-appropriate CRM solution for Swoop
- Partner with the Digital and Technology teams to implement the selected CRM solution in very short-order
- Identify and bring to life ‘quick-wins’ out of the gate to improve segmentation and drive revenue
- Develop cradle-to-grave Nurture Strategy for Swoop – from ‘not known’, to TOFU/MOFU/BOFU, to pre/mid/post-trip upsell and repeat purchase – that serves to drive incremental revenue and enhance the overall traveller experience
- Support Marketing Leader and best-of-breed agency in developing traveller Personas
- Develop progressive profiling strategy that serves to properly segment and weight potential travellers based on demographic, psychographic and behavioural factors (website, email, previous purchase history etc.)
- Partner with Marketing team and Revenue & Pricing team to plan and execute ongoing retail activities
- Partner with Content Marketing and Revenue & Pricing team members to develop content that is personalized (but scalable) for the traveller
- Partner with Airport Operations to ensure the coordination with all operational communications for a unified traveller experience
- Partner with Platform Optimization advisor to help devise broader personalization strategy
- Partner with Ancillary (Product) team to devise appropriate business rules and improve upon existing upsell strategy
- Partner with Innovation lead to help ensure the best possible traveller experience
- A/B test and optimize nurture streams continuously to ensure ongoing improvement
- Construct in-depth reporting to communicate results to all relevant stakeholders
- Own database management, and the strategies that drive growth in lead acquisition, engagement, and retention
- Ensure proper rendering tests for all emails and templates are carried out for respective email clients, across webmail, desktop, and mobile.
- Create and update process and other documentation as required
- Manage email vendor and partner relationship
- Research and stay current on email marketing best practices
Qualifications and skills:
- Deep experience with a marketing automation platform, such as HubSpot, Marketo, etc.
- Marketing Automation Certifications considered a strong asset (Marketo, Pardot, HubSpot etc.) Strong Enterprise CRM experience with solutions such as Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics
- Strong HTML/CSS and email development experience, including developing templates, modules, and partials, is required
- Experience developing with languages such as HubL and Handlebars considered an asset
- Strong analytical skills, with intermediate Excel and web analytics experience required
- Experience with Google Analytics required and completion of certification(s), considered an asset
- Experience using “headless” CMS, such as Contentful, considered an asset
- Experience with Office 365 suite, including PowerBI and PowerPoint, considered an asset
- Experience with leading ultra-low cost airline-specific software, such as 15below, Levarti, and Navitaire, considered an asset
- Ability to write well-written, engaging email copy
- Graphic design and Photoshop experience considered an asset
- Attention to detail is essential – our travellers do not like typos
- Always looking for the technology of tomorrow while also effectively managing the constraints of today
- Highly organized with excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple campaigns and projects, follow through on tasks, and collect and provide measurable results
Let’s talk dollars and cents.
At Swoop, we’re committed to offering a fair and competitive total compensation package that starts with a solid base salary, and complemented by perks like performance based profit sharing, a company-matched savings plan, flexible group benefits and of course, flight privileges.
We celebrate differences and diversity.
Swoop is an equal-opportunity employer, and our workplace culture is one where diversity and differences are embraced, appreciated and celebrated. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, transgender status, marital or family status, disability, age or convictions for which a pardon has been granted.
Effective immediately all employees hired within the WestJet group of companies will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You will be required to sign an attestation upon hire acknowledging you are fully vaccinated