Why now is a great time to join OfferZen
This is an opportunity to make a significant impact at a fast-growing tech company.
Over the past 5 years, OfferZen has managed to make a large dent in the South African tech recruitment space and we have recently opened offices in the Netherlands. We are on a mission to help more people thrive in tech - becoming the central place for software makers to build great careers and companies to build winning teams. Our team has grown from 4 to 70+ and we're looking to add more smart people who want to contribute meaningfully.
We are on a mission to help more people thrive in tech - becoming the central place for software makers to build great careers and companies to build winning tech teams. As an Email Marketer you will help us grow our owned email channels and audiences and take our email marketing capabilities to new heights.
What You Will Be Doing
- Building, managing, maintaining and optimising email campaigns to ensure that OfferZen's emails are relevant and valuable to the audience receiving them. This will also include:
- Ownership of email platforms used by OfferZen
- Ensuring that we always send emails to the right person, in the right place, at the right time with the right message
- Maintaining sender reputation health
- Understanding and reporting on the performance of our email lists and campaigns
- Running regular experiments and A/B tests to increase conversion of our email campaigns
- Sustainably increasing the number of people reading our newsletter
- We are always respecting our audience's privacy and have world-class privacy processes
- Emails campaigns are driving core OfferZen goals
- Delivering a weekly report and insights on email metrics to the Growth team
- Make data-driven decisions to improve overall email performance and health of our email campaigns
The ideal Email Marketer
- Has experience leading email thinking and planning
- Has worked in a fast-paced environment
- Proactively solves own problems
- Has a strong growth mindset
- Has high attention to detail
- Stays up to date with email marketing best practices and trends
- Has had exposure to / has worked in team who do brand marketing
- Is able to document their thoughts and plan well
- Has a thorough understanding of marketing principles and practices
What It's Like To Work Here
We are a fun-loving and very driven team of 70+ people.
We love to do fun stuff together. We are focused on building a connected tribe and a sense of belonging. We value unique and diverse approaches and ensure we create opportunities to share and learn from each other. We have regular online events, show and tells and a book club as well as regional and annual off-site events.
We're dedicated to authenticity. We treat people as people, caring personally and speaking openly. We foster low-ego behaviour - we own our mistakes as well as our victories. We're never about blame. We're always about honesty, learning and continuous improvement. We ensure lots of transparency and visibility. From OKRs and strategy to analytics and company performance numbers, it's all available for you to see and understand.
We're passionate about learning and levelling up. Everyone at OfferZen strives for a growth mindset. We read books, listen to podcasts, share expertise obsessively, then take on hard challenges with smart guidance and support. When things go wrong, we look for the learning and how to improve.
We're good at remote. We have office space in Cape Town and Amsterdam but we're working remotely a lot of the time. For this role, we need someone located in South Africa. It's more fun to be near our Cape Town hub office, but we have all the tooling and processes to operate very effectively remotely.
Cape Town 8001