Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
In this Marketing Operations role on Figma’s Marketing team, you’ll play a critical role scoping, testing, and implementing creative email marketing campaigns that engage targeted users. You’ll field one-off, company-wide email requests, help audit existing programs and templates, identify gaps and areas of opportunity, and propose new ideas to drive engagement, usage, and interactions. You understand the importance of persuasive messaging, segmentation, personalization, and automation, and you’re analytical, driven to succeed, a high performer, and have a master-level understanding of all aspects of email marketing. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter, willing to help out on any project, and passionate about partnering with a variety of cross-functional teams.
This is an amazing opportunity to make a huge impact on quickly-growing marketing team, work in a collaborative, team-first environment, and interact with a passionate community.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you'll do at Figma:
- Ship: Write copy, build, test, and send our primary user engagement campaigns, including our monthly newsletters, event communications, surveys, sales campaigns, feature updates, and much more. Help identify ideas and opportunities across all stages of the customer lifecycle to drive adoption, activation, retention, and referrals.
- Experiment: Drive copy, cadence, and CTA tests to optimize emails and improve performance. Partner with our brand and user engagement teams to experiment with templates, segment target audiences, and explore which use cases resonate.
- Report: Track, document, and share out findings with collaborators and the broader marketing org. Communicate insights and next steps with cross-functional team members as needed.
- Plan: Field and prioritize new inbound email requests across all Figma teams. Scope out weekly and monthly sprints, and develop a process for keeping the broader team up to date on all things email.
Some projects you could work on:
- Analyze Figma’s newsletter segmentation and performance, and work with our brand, content, and data science teams to suggest experiments to drive stronger engagement
- Partner with our product growth and acquisition teams to help scope, prioritize, and implement email experiments
- Help audit existing email processes and identify areas to streamline or speed up workflows
We’d love to hear form you if you have:
- 3+ years experience in email marketing, including expert working knowledge of html and css for email
- Strong experience with either the exact or very similar email tools in our data stack (like Marketo, Parcel, LitmusApp, Figma, etc.)
- A deep understanding of email marketing standard processes, including audience segmentation, accessibility, send frequency, and email laws and policies
- Experience working with dispersed marketing teams in different regions and understanding the impact and implications of recommendations to different roles (email localization a huge plus)
- Comfort with handling a high amount of requests, frequently shifting priorities, and challenging deadlines
- Excellent project managing and time management skills, and the ability to scope and rank requests based on impact
- Excellent collaboration skills and a deep understanding of the importance of building strong working relationships
- High attention to detail with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring hard-working, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.