About the job
Outer is a venture-backed startup based in Santa Monica, California on a mission to get people outside and inspire healthier, happier, and more fulfilling lives by creating innovative outdoor furniture.
We are looking for an established Lifecycle Marketing Manager to be the point person in strategizing, creating, testing, and optimizing lead capture and email + SMS automation.
You will be responsible for ideating new concepts and tests specific to Outer’s key audiences and goals, creating detailed copy briefs and providing email best practice feedback to designers before building and turning on the automations within our email marketing platform (Klaviyo). You will monitor key metrics and take actionable steps to optimize performance.
You have prior experience working with email and SMS lead capture platforms and email marketing platforms, and are comfortable working in a fast-paced marketing environment, taking on a variety of projects, and wearing multiple hats that may not typically fall under the “Lifecycle” umbrella. You understand the importance of putting yourself in a user’s mindset and strategically think through the communications journey to give the user an excellent experience.
This position reports directly to the Associate Director of Lifecycle Marketing.
Who You Are:
- Highly adaptable, with a strong foundation in project management
- Comfortable sifting through, and digging into data to paint a larger story to improve the overall impact and evolution of lifecycle strategy
- Motivated by rapid change and uncertainty
- Constantly striving for quality and precision and are confident building/ using targeted automations to improve and elevate the brand
- Aligned with Outer’s mission and truly value the importance getting outside
What You'll Be Doing:
- Spearhead production of email and SMS automation from ideation to execution
- Craft and test engaging pop-ups designed to capture leads, drive purchase, and usher specific on-site activity
- Monitor and optimize performance metrics to ensure continually improve results
- Develop copy briefs and work closely with copywriters
- Guide designers to develop email layouts and provide feedback along the way
- Test and iterate on outside-the-box strategies and ideas
- Contribute to projects related to the success metrics of other Marketing team divisions
- Research and recommend new technology platforms that could benefit the Lifecycle channel
- Increase customer engagement, loyalty, and repeat purchases
- Development of a robust email and SMS automation set
- Establishment of diverse and intuitive on-site pop-ups
- Ongoing testing and optimization to improve performance
- Consistent output of high-performing emails to convert recipients into customers, and customers into repeat-purchasers
- Grow Outer’s email revenue proportional to overall company revenue
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of Lifecycle Marketing experience
- Experience using email marketing platforms (like Klaviyo), SMS marketing platforms, and Shopify
- Experience in a team-based office environment highly preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Metrics-focused; able to analyze data and report on key KPIs such as: Conversions, Open Rates, Click-Through Rates, Unsubscribe Rates
- Ability to take an email from concept to inbox
- Strategic understanding of brand building within the lifestyle market
- A proactive and dedicated approach to getting results
- Organized, with high attention to detail and quality
What We Value:
- Benevolence--we seek to do good for everyone in our orbit: our customers, our teammates, our vendors, our community, our planet
- Collaboration--we acknowledge each other's humanness and are each other’s biggest advocates, cheerleaders, and caretakers
- Action--we value progress over process and have the courage to challenge the status quo
- Curiosity--we are lifelong learners and seek to understand before being understood
Outer started by creating the perfect outdoor sofa: beautiful, durable, comfortable, and innovative. We also invented a new model for retail because we believe that the furniture buying experience can be much better than stale, traditional showrooms with four walls, fluorescent lighting, and pushy salespeople. Our Neighborhood Showroom platform turns our customers' backyards into our physical showrooms where our customers can see, touch, and feel our products in a real backyard alongside a real customer (think: Airbnb meets retail).
What We Provide In Return
Outer provides a robust total rewards package, including competitive compensation packages, unlimited PTO, medical & wellness plans, 401(k) contributions, life insurance, and more.
Outer is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives on our team. We don’t discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.