At Earnest, we believe in a world where paying for your education takes less time than earning your degree.
Join us on our mission to empower anyone seeking higher education to reduce the total price tag of their degree, supercharge their ability to pay down student debt, and get on the right financial track fast.
A little background on Earnest We're a remote first FinTech company with an accomplished team who believe consumer lending can be radically improved and are doing something about it. We are disrupting the trillion dollar student loan industry by redefining what it means to be creditworthy. We created a company that combines data science, streamlined design, and technology to
- Build products that simplify the lending process
- Personalize loans to suit the needs of our customers
- Engage with our customers through more human experiences
What Makes An “Earnie” Culture
Earnest’s culture is as dynamic as the products we’re building and defining every day. We’re a fast-growing company, and that means we’re constantly integrating the new perspectives of every individual.
Our Earnie's are fun, innovative, and willing to rollup their sleeves to help their team succeed in a fast-paced environment. If this sounds like you, and you want to join us on our mission to radically disrupt a trillion dollar fintech industry, keep reading to find out how.
As an Email/Lifecycle Marketer, you will play a strategic role in owning the development of the customer journey, defining landmarks along the way, and executing programs that drive deeper engagement with Earnest prospects and clients, increasing retention and customer LTV. Reporting to the Senior Lifecycle Marketing lead, this role will be responsible for supporting and building Earnest’s most important initiatives across our student lending and consumer finance products.
You will play a key role in the transformation of our B2C lifecycle marketing efforts and be a subject matter expert on execution of triggered and promotional email campaigns. You are experienced in asset development (HTML/CSS), audience segmentation, and campaign quality assurance in multiple marketing communication channels, including email and SMS.
This role focuses on flawless campaign execution, the ideal candidate has superior attention to detail and time management skills. You provide stakeholders with campaign performance reports, including data-driven recommendations for future campaign optimization.This is a very cross-functional role, working closely with Data and Analytics, Product, Client Happiness, Creative, and Legal teams
What You'll Do
- Support Senior Lifecycle Marketer in execution of key lifecycle marketing activities
- Hold stakeholders accountable to meet project deadlines
- Prepare project briefs, working with marketing operations to produce campaign deliverables
- Manage project timelines, and maintain expectations with priorities that shift frequently
- Keep internal marketing team and external stakeholders updated on email and campaign project progress
- Communicate with technical team members (Data Analysts, Programmers, DevOps)
- Identify and escalate roadblocks that may impact implementation timelines
- Basic understanding of “CSS” and “HTML” for email development
- Quality assurance testing of emails using tools such as Litmus or EmailonAcid
- Build campaigns (targeting, timing, channels, etc.) in lifecycle marketing software (Braze, etc.)
- Pull data from lifecycle marketing platform and other sources (Looker, etc.)
- Report on campaign performance
- Make A/B and multivariate testing recommendations based on data analyses
- Work with Senior Lifecycle Marketing lead to propose and execute new campaigns that drive the desired client behaviors
- Optimize campaigns with the full suite of tools available, from subject line to creative design, from sequencing to send time, etc.
Ideal background and expertise
- 3+ years of experience in a business to consumer email marketing or lifecycle marketing role in a corporate or agency environment
- 3+ years experience developing lifecycle/CRM engagement programs
- 2+ years of email coding experience (HTML + CSS), with hands-on experience building and deploying emails; coding for email experience preferred
- Natural curiosity of the marketing technology ecosystem and ability to quickly learn and adapt to new tools and technologies
- Experience with enterprise marketing automation tools and/or ESPs - Braze preferred (experience also valuable with others e.g. Iterable, Customer.io, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Campaign, Eloqua, Responsys)
- Experience developing personalized and conditional content using programmatic marketing scripting languages - Liquid preferred (AmpScript, Guide Template Language)
- Experience in audience segmentation and targeting using production database information and real-time event data
- Experience setting up and optimizing automated marketing campaigns
- Formulating test hypothesis, executing, measuring, and reporting on A/B and multivariate tests
- Strong data analysis skills and knowledge of business intelligence systems such as Looker or Tableau
- Experience working in roles requiring collaboration with data and analytics, product, and engineering teams
- Experience reviewing and providing feedback and coordinating the development of assets with internal and external creative teams
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits that include
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual “my day”
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.