NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocate
Who Is AppSumo?
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you've probably never heard of. We've helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn't put you out of business. And we are committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we're looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That's where you, the Email Flow Manager come in.
About This Role
This job is all about ownership of AppSumo's email marketing flows. That means building and managing email marketing flows for every step in the marketing funnel.
On the day-to-day, you'll be:
- Building and managing automated flows, including, but not limited to, welcome series, abandoned cart, re-engagement, and post-purchase
- Performing A/B tests on elements such as subject line, CTA, layout, and copy
- Writing and proofreading copy within email templates
- Working with the design team to optimize email layouts to ensure responsiveness and accessibility
- Brainstorming, researching, and implementing automation strategies for the entire customer journey
- Crafting segments to target specific users and increase engagement
- Tracking and analyzing key targets to identify areas for improvement
- Collaborating cross-departmentally to create unified marketing strategies
- Handling the setup and scheduling of dedicated promotional campaigns as necessary
This is a unique role that requires creative thinking, attention to detail, and a deep understanding of email marketing funnels. You will be creating automated email flows based on data we have about customers, their campaign behavior, and their shopping behavior.
- 3+ years of related experience in marketing, preferably in an email marketing role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with Klaviyo
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS is preferred
- Highly organized, with the ability to quickly troubleshoot and analyze work
- Experience in fast-paced, high-volume multitasking roles and environments
- Passionate, inquisitive, and self-motivated individual who enjoys collaborating and working together with all levels
In the first three months of this role, success means taking over 100% of our automated email flows.
Why work for us?
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. We have moved to a hybrid workplace where you can choose your best working environment.
When at the office, you'll have a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech needed to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We're animal lovers here!
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we're allowed outside again) two all-expenses-paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton—just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that you'll get it done when you have something to do. If you wantto run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you're encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as necessary, and there's unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We're committed to crafting a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment—every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we're proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let's do this!
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.