Ocean Finance is a leading financial technology business offering a wide range of personal finance options to consumers such as our credit builder credit card, personal loans, a range of mortgages and second charge products for homeowners. We are a fast-growing business offering a dynamic working environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
This is a new position for an energetic, passionate and detail-oriented Email Executive to join our team.
As the successful candidate, you will work closely with the CRM team designing and developing innovative email templates to help drive successful CRM campaigns.
This role will be reporting into the Head of CRM and work closely with the Design team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Build and design marketing-leading, high-performing emails.
- Work on the CRM team as well as being part of the growing design community of practice.
- Understand who our customers are, value user research and use data to help inform your design decisions.
- Constantly look at solutions that can help improve performance.
- Collaborate with the CRM team, designers and copywriters to regularly test/learn and optimise.
- Ensure all emails are responsive and render correctly across the majority of devices.
- Propose and develop fresh creative approaches and templates to suit the targeted customer segments informed by reviewing activity from competitors.
- Maintain a library/archive of campaigns and assets for reference/visibility/auditing.
- Be the ‘go-to’ person for email best practice, best in class email design and channel impacts from the wider industry.
- Adhere to brand guidelines whilst creating engaging and eye-catching templates.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Strong design skills, with passion and enthusiasm for learning.
- Keen eye for detail and knowledge of render testing platforms such as Litmus.
- Be up-to-date with the best practices for email design and development.
- Strong understanding of the limitations when it comes to building an email template and knowledge of the hacks/solutions to overcome them.
- Taking ownership of work.
- Stay current with the trends in email development and innovation.
- The ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to meet deadlines and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Experience using a CRM or email marketing platform.
- Experience using email building software such as Stripo/DreamWeaver.
- Animation (After Affects).
- Working knowledge of adobe creative suite and sketch app (or other similar design tools).
- Knowledge of email copy best practice.
- Understanding of interactive components within email.
- Portfolio showcasing recent work.
What can we offer you?
- 25 days holiday rising to 30 days (plus Bank Holidays)
- Additional holiday for birthday
- Buy and sell holidays
- 1 optional community day to spend working with local charities
- Pension contribution of 4%
- Free eye test vouchers
- Perkbox discounts with free 'perks' and access to 24/7 online GP