We are a specialty retailer offering the very best of what’s next in fashion for
men, women and children since 1901.
JOIN US WHERE IT ALL BEGAN.
Whether you design clothes or business strategies, crunch numbers, lead
projects or write code, we have a place for you at our Seattle headquarters.
And we think Seattle is a pretty great place to live. More than just rainy days
and coffee, Seattle has it all — mountains and beaches, arts and parks,
music, and film. It's made up of quirky neighborhoods, award-winning
restaurants, and thriving industry. Come see for yourself!
A day in the life...
The ideal candidate is highly adaptive with the ability to manage high-
volume in a fast-paced environment. Can work with a variety of individuals
throughout the project lifecycle to ensure the development, testing and
deployment of emails are executed flawlessly and on schedule.
Key Skills We Are Looking For
- 6+ years of overall development experience with an emphasis on email development
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with Exact Target/Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Working knowledge of Email Studio, Automation Studio, Journey Builder, Audience Builder, CloudPages, Admin, Filters
- Experience in integrating enterprise applications/triggers through REST and SOAP API’s
- Ability to create mobile responsive, hand-coded HTML emails using HTML/XHTML, CSS, advanced AMPscript functions, GTL and server-side avaScript
- Ability to write SQL scripts to gather send data and build audiences
- Development experience using jquery or similar libraries preferred
- Impeccable eye for detail and strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with an IDE such as Adobe Dreamweaver, Eclipse, Sublime Text
- Experience with Workfront, JIRA and Confluence is a plus
- Ability to work with the email marketing team, and other stakeholders to understand key campaign parameters and inputs, such as degree of
personalization and overall creative approach
- Develop robust campaign documentationStay up-to-date on the latest standards, hacks and tricks in the world of email production and the Salesforc Marketing Cloud
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer technology or similar degree preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and internal customer schedules with minimal oversight
- Ability to lead and effectively manage technical discussions
- Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including
- Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits.
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.