We are looking for an Email Specialist to join our expanding Digital Engagement team at Trust for Public Land. This role will report into our Associate Director of Digital Engagement. The Email Specialist will play a key role in the development and management of our national email program, building email journeys, testing messaging, generating target audiences, and gathering insights from performance reporting. They will conduct regular list hygiene checks and balances, and maintain our national email calendar in coordination with other departments. The Specialist will be organized, data-driven, and self-motivated with great attention to detail. This role works largely remotely, with some travel. West Coast candidates preferred, but not required.
- Partner with the Associate Director to produce and execute email campaigns for ongoing community engagement and retention, including building emails from templates and HTML, copywriting, asset coordination, quality assurance, and scheduling.
- Build effective target audiences and segments to drive engagement and meet KPI goals.
- Manage email marketing calendar inputs and updates, and pull regular reporting on email performance and outcomes.
- Devise and execute A/B tests, manage testing calendar, record results, and advise on data-driven improvements.
- Work in partnership with designers and writers to optimize email creative and template structure based on data-driven best practices.
- Perform testing across devices, email clients, and ISPs to ensure that emails are rendering correctly for the majority of the subscriber base.
- Conduct regular list hygiene reviews to ensure healthy sender scores are maintained for the organization.
- Triage correspondence from supporters and activists when necessary.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in managing an email marketing program or digital strategies, preferably in a non-profit or similar environment that requires end-to-end project ownership
- Hands-on experience in marketing automation platforms, knowledge of Luminate Online is a plus
- Detailed knowledge of email regulations, best practices, and compliance
- Experience building an email marketing campaign from scratch
- Knowledgeable in HTML coding
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including online communications
- Strong project management skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Collaborative, team player with a self-starter attitude
- Ability to troubleshoot to meet timelines, and handle multiple assignments
- Strong interest in Trust for Public Land’s mission
As a full-time employee, you will be eligible for Trust for Public Land’s comprehensive benefits program which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, three weeks of vacation annually plus ten holidays, Summer Fridays (shorter hours) and a 403(b) retirement plan, currently with a 5.5% company matching. The salary range for this role is $60K-$70K and offers will be commensurate with experience.
The Trust for Public Land is committed to cultivating a diverse staff that is representative of the communities we serve. Applications from individuals having diverse backgrounds and life experiences are strongly encouraged. We are open to the possibility that a great candidate for this job may not precisely meet all of the above criteria; if you believe you’re the right person for this job and can persuasively make that case, we encourage you to apply.