The Liberal Party of Canada is seeking a new Email Engagement Coordinator for an opportunity to join a dedicated team of staff to support Justin Trudeau and the Liberal team.
We are looking for someone who cares about the work we do and who is a great fit for our culture and team. If you want to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment, take part in empowering Canadians to engage in the democratic process, and play an active role in promoting Liberal values, then we want to hear from you!
The email and digital engagement program is a key pillar of the Liberal Party of Canada’s engagement and fundraising strategy. At its core, the program is about growing our movement to keep Canada moving forward by providing up-to-date information about the Liberal Party to our Registered Liberals and supporters, raising grassroots fundraising support, and offering new and interesting ways for Canadians to engage with the Liberal Party online.
As an Email Engagement Coordinator on Justin Trudeau’s team, you will be joining a highly interconnected Digital team and working on the cutting edge of digital political engagement and grassroots fundraising.
- Write, build, test and optimize standalone email fundraising and engagement campaigns toward organization goals.
- Work with others within the Digital and Creative teams to produce and execute multi-channel engagement and fundraising campaigns.
- Work with other teams as required to acquire and analyze data and produce short-term and long-term trend and success reports
- Work with stakeholders across the organization to execute digital engagement initiatives.
- Research and experiment with new calls-to-action and campaign tactics, to expand our engagement, fundraising and mobilization capability.
- Other duties as required.
RequirementsYou need to have…
- A passion for engaging millions of Canadians, strengthening the Liberal Party of Canada and changing the country for the better.
- A strong, sharp, and personable writing style and a keen understanding of how to craft emails that move people to act, and which calls to actions will achieve the right impact at the right time.
- Experience writing marketing communication copy and digital storytelling, ideally for email marketing.
- The ability and willingness to work varied and long hours as needed, under deadline pressure, and manage multiple complex projects.
- A keen eye for details, a collaborative mindset, and the ability to frequently adapt writing style
You should have…
- Previous experience with large-scale digital fundraising and organizing campaigns.
- The ability to write and craft messaging in both of Canada’s official languages.
- Knowledge of front-end web development for email (HTML and CSS)
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, variable testing, tracking codes, parameters and their relationship to databases.
- Past political experience, along with strong knowledge of national current affairs.
It would be great if you had…
- Familiarity with mail list segmentation and mass mail platforms, as well as email/digital organizing, communication, and fundraising best practices.
- Knowledge of large-scale relational databases and CRM, and data manipulation (SQL).
- Familiarity with website content management systems (especially WordPress).
- Graphic design skills.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities and operational objectives.
- Must excel at building consensus in a multi-stakeholder team environment.
- May be required to work unusual hours and periods at an accelerated pace.
- Must be available on evenings and weekends occasionally.
The Liberal Party of Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates. The Liberal Party of Canada has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Sandra Colin at [email protected] if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.