WHY JOIN THE CANADIAN CANCER SOCIETY (CCS)?
The Canadian Cancer Society works tirelessly to save and improve lives. We fund the brightest minds in cancer research. We provide a compassionate support system for all those affected by cancer, from coast to coast and for all types of cancer. As the voice for Canadians who care about cancer, we work with governments to establish health policies to prevent cancer and better support those living with the disease. No other organization does all that we do to improve lives today and to change the future of cancer forever.
COME AS YOU ARE
At CCS, we embrace everyone’s uniqueness and recognize the strength that lies in differences. We believe in the power of our collective potential and strive to achieve a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create opportunities for all. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their gender, age, religion, and nationality. Particularly equity deserving groups, such as members of the BIPOC, and LGBTQQIP2SAA communities, people living with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of the Canadian Cancer Society. Together we unite and inspire all Canadians to change the future of cancer.
Reporting to the Manager, Digital Operations, the Email Development and Reporting Specialist will be a key contributor in driving mission and fundraising results through the development, deployment and reporting of email marketing campaigns such as e-newsletters, eblasts, announcements, promotions and market research. This position will help support the organizational email strategy by deriving insights from results and ensuring organizational compliance with relevant anti-spam and privacy regulations. The Email Specialist will contribute to email list management, defining creative templates and email best practices while responsible for deployment, testing, execution and reporting.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Build, test and launch email campaigns and e-newsletters using the Email Service Provider (ESP) platforms such as Luminate Online, Marketing Cloud and others
- Proactively organize and maintain organization-wide email deployment calendar
- Review email campaign requests, determine the execution plan and coordinate end-to-end email production process for approved email deployments
- Build timelines and ensure campaigns are launched on time
- Undertake quality tests using available tools ensuring rendering across variety of email clients, devices and languages (En | Fr)
- Collaborate with writing, graphic design and data management resources, stakeholders and supporting teams to create visually appealing and highly effective email communications
- Create automated, multi-touch, integrated user journeys to support retention and revenue growth throughout the organiztion.
- Specialize in email performance optimization through proactive test plans and experimentation as well as reactive troubleshooting and support
- Setup email reporting dashboards, monitor trends and analyze results
- Monitor email success platform and provide insight into deliverability to increase engagement and improve efficiencies in email program
- Remain current on email marketing best practices with regards to contact strategies, campaign analysis, deliverability, and PIPEDA/CASL/other regulatory compliances.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Actively contribute to our culture of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion by encouraging dialogue that respectfully considers a wide variety of ideas, opinions, and suggestions.
- 2+ years hands-on email development experience
- 2+ years HTML coding experience
- Bachelor’s or equivalent experience
- Understanding of CRM, segmentation and ESP
- Strong technical, creative, and analytical aptitude
- HTML & CSS email coding proficiency including cross-client best practices
- Experience working with Email Service Providers (Marketing Cloud preferred)
- Experience with responsive email development is an asset
- Knowledge of email industry best practices including contact strategies, targeting and segmentation, A/B testing, and analytics
- Experience collaborating across multiple departments to execute projects
- Extreme attention to detail, organized and process focused
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritize requests, understand directions and work independently in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Excel an asset
- Familiarity with Google UTM tracking an asset
- A natural curiosity with an eagerness to learn and improve
- French language skills (written and verbal) an asset.
- Knowledge of Canadian Cancer Society policies and procedures would be an asset.
What You Can Expect From Us
CCS offers meaningful opportunities to help make a difference in the lives of Canadians with cancer, their caregivers, families and communities. We are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees by highlighting their unique experiences. We value diverse skills and strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates. CCS is committed to fostering a culture that is inspiring, supportive and exemplifies our core values:
CARING COURAGE INTEGRITY PROGRESSIVE.
In return for your skills and dedication, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, excellent benefits, which include paid parental leave, paid family sick time and health insurance, and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.
ON M4V 2Y7