Ally and Your Career
Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do - and that’s more than some cliché people put on job postings. We live this stuff! We see our people as, well, people - with interests, families, friends, dreams, and causes that are all important to them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and learn new things. You’re constantly evolving, so shouldn’t your opportunities be, too?
As an Email Developer at Ally, you will be responsible for producing, QCing, and launching highly dynamic emails across Ally brands, utilizing Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
The Work Itself
- Develop & deploy complex & responsive emails using internal UX and external agencies’ assets
- Set up & deploy user-initiated and recurring, automated email campaigns in Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC)
- Conduct & document self and peer reviews to troubleshoot code rendering issues across desktop and mobile devices
- Set up & maintain data extensions
- Segmentation using filters, flags on files, basic SQL statements
- Understand the features and limitations within the current environment and recommend improvements or alternative solutions
- Assist with the development of landing pages in support of email & marketing campaigns
- Support SMS campaigns
- Manage multiple email projects simultaneously and prioritize accordingly
- Ensure all work being produced meets the highest standards, is error free and delivered on time
- Research & recommend new best practices, efficiencies, and process improvements; be an established email subject matter expert
- Proactively work with teammates and partners to achieve balance between expectations and realistic deliverables
- Support members of the email team and marketing partners with knowledge share, open communication, shared workload and cooperative teamwork
- Provide technical explanations to non-technical partners
- Be aware and have a proactive approach to problem identification and resolution related to execution of email campaigns & automations
- Recognize when and to whom to escalate issues; utilize knowledge and experience to avoid similar problems in the future
The Skills You Bring
- 1+ years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or other related field preferred
- Intermediate experience using Salesforce Marketing Cloud is highly desired
- Comfortable using AMPscript to produce multiple versions of personalized & dynamic emails
- Experience with 3rd party tools such as Litmus, Email on Acid, Movable Ink, Persado
- Knowledge of AMP for Email, impacts of Dark Mode, data management, SQL, and programming experience with PHP or ASP are all pluses
- Photoshop proficiency is required; Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch experience is preferred
- Ability to work outside of standard business hours, as needed
- Works well as a team but also thrives independently with limited supervision
- Knowledge of CAN-SPAM and email compliance requirements
- Very high attention to detail; capable and confident problem-solving skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Ability to complete multiple, complex projects independently
- Proven ability to meet deadlines with effectiveness, accuracy, and efficiency
How We'll Have Your Back
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally’s total compensation – or total rewards – extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
- Starting Pay: The starting pay for this role is $64,100 per year. In addition, this role is eligible for an annual bonus program with a target of 7% of annual base pay, based on individual and corporate performance. This is the starting pay for this role. Actual offers determined based on individual qualifications and experience.
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally, and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and childcare discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Who We Are:
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial services company with passionate customer service and innovative financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on "Doing it Right" and being a trusted financial-services provider to our consumer, commercial, and corporate customers. For more information, visit www.ally.com.
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered, if not currently employed by Ally.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. For accommodation requests, email us at [email protected]. Ally will not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.