Every day, shoppers discover the unexpected at Zulily. New and unique finds at prices they can brag about. For themselves, their families and their homes.
Zulily Creative is the in-house creative org dedicated to crafting compelling brand stories for moms around the world. Whether through copy, design, marketing or brand work, we are the driving force behind delivering Zulily’s dynamic story to shoppers everywhere.
Our mission is to deliver the joy on a daily basis, surprising and delighting our customers through new products and experiences. Zulily Creative comprises the best and brightest talent to execute market-leading creative strategy, writing, design, video production, operations, digital, social media and more. We leverage smart and rewarding external partnerships while closely aligning with our internal teams. Together, we tackle every creative challenge with our amplified strengths, delivering a fun shopping experience with great products at unbeatable prices.
We are looking for an experienced Email Developer who will be responsible for the successful development of dynamic email templates, HTML, deployment of outbound campaigns, and once fully onboarded this role will deliver long-term solutions for email production efficiency and accuracy, drive innovation and help us redefine email campaigns and content.
This role is technically driven, working in close partnership with Email Campaign Managers and Creative Team, to develop and implement communications across both email and onsite channels. The role includes coding and building, QC, optimization and performance monitoring.
- You are an email subject matter expert that has experience consulting on technical capabilities and considerations and will define and scope the future of this role and how we innovate in this growing channel.
- You will partner with designers, copywriters, and channel owners to create emails and campaigns that drive customer engagement. You’ll also work with the Engineering team to request new data feeds and advice for building tools to streamline email development.
- You are a problem solver with a customer-centric mindset and a passion innovating the customer experience through email.
- To thrive in this fast-paced environment, you must be able to work independently, be organized, driven, self-starter with great communication skills and attention to detail.
- Perform day-to-day email production activities including, but not limited to, email campaign development, testing, tagging of one-time, recurring, triggered and dynamic email campaigns.
- Develop HTML emails and onsite landing pages using HTML, CSS, and media queries
- Manage change requests and provide quick and efficient solutions
- Adhere to quality assurance processes and standards
- Oversee proofing process across global stakeholders in Litmus
- Coordinate with campaign managers and design resources to procure creative assets.
- Manage production tasks and deliverable milestones in collaborative PM tool
- Proactively partner with the creative team to lead vision and strategy for the Email channel while ideating and executing with thoughtful attention to detail.
- Acts as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Continually seek to grow skills and knowledge of best practices and share them with others.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of email development
- Expert in HTML & CSS
- Ability to read and write JSON
- Knowledge of multiple aspects of email marketing including dynamic program implementation, template coding, analysis, legislation, authentication and sender reputation systems, deliverability, and general industry trends and metrics.
- Experience with Litmus/proofing tools
- Extensive knowledge of scripting and applying business logic in email
- Experienced in responsive email design and media queries
- Expertise in email development industry best practices and benchmarks
- Ability to quickly identify and address process and operational gaps
- Strong QA process experience is essential
- Experience with A/B testing and email optimization
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and ability to convert files into HTML code.
- Strategic thinking skills with a strong bias for action and results driven mindset.
- Excellent communication, written, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while staying calm under pressure.
- High level of self-awareness of strengths/opportunities and ownership of own personal development.
- Proactive in solving difficult problems as well as an active interest in learning new tools and technologies.
- Knowledge of email service platforms such as SendGrid, a big plus
- Email development with for retail, global brand, and localization experience
- Amp for Gmail experience
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day—all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites
from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit www.zulily.com. zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.