At Zovio, we’re doing something different, and we want you to be a part of it. To put it simply, we’re all here to meet the needs of today’s learners. Whether that’s by helping them get a college degree or by providing them specific, focused training, we’re all about making it possible for people to achieve their aspirations and dreams. We partner with higher education institutions and employers to make that happen.
With our mission to innovate and take bold steps forward in education as a leading education technology services provider, we are an entrepreneurially-minded organization looking to the future—but with more than a decade of experience and resources backing us up! We have a culture
of Passion , Innovation and Teamwork , and are full of ambitious people that, like you, support our commitment to putting people first. If you want to know more about us, be sure to check out Zovio.com.
Zovio is looking for an Email Developer to support our growing marketing automation initiatives. This position will be heavily involved in the success of our day to day email development, deployment, and database list management. This is the perfect role for someone that understands the ever-evolving nature of email development and is excited to bring their expertise and make an impact on a growing organization.
The Email Developer is responsible for the development of dynamic email templates, responsive emails, HTML, and deployment of campaigns and nurture programs in Salesforce Marketing Cloud. This role is technically driven, to develop and implement communications across both email and SMS channels. The daily responsibilities of this role include coding HTML, scheduling emails, journey automation, QA, UAT, segmentation, list management, optimization and performance monitoring.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing and interacts extensively with the Marketing Automation Manager, Marketing Coordinator, and the various functional areas of the Marketing team.
- Perform day-to-day email production activities including, but not limited to, email campaign development, testing, tagging, scheduling, deployment and monitoring of one-time, recurring, triggered and dynamic email campaigns in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Develop HTML emails using HTML, CSS, media queries and AMPScript
- Develop and implement nurture journeys
- Scripting elements to be used in dynamic email sends
- Create send definitions, send interactions, data extensions and filters
- Manage list segmentation, cleansing and QA
- Handle change requests and provide efficient solutions
- Perform and adhere to quality assurance processes and standards
- Coordinate with campaign managers and design resources to procure creative assets.
- Manage production tasks and deliverable milestones in collaborative PM tool
- Partner closely with in-house designers, provide counsel on best practices for email layouts and formatting.
- Design, code, test, debug and document projects according to the functional requirements.
- Analyze, diagnose, and resolve errors related to their applications.
- 3-5 years’ experience developing responsive emails
- Fluent in HTML and CSS.
- Experience using, building, and maintaining nurture campaigns in a marketing automation platform, Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus
- Knowledge of email subscriber list best practices for both GDPR and CAN-SPAM laws.
- Experience with A/B testing and email optimization
- Strong QA process experience
- Experience with proofing tools such as Litmus
- Up to date with email development industry best practices and benchmarks
- Data driven, creative problem solver with positive approach
- Ability to quickly identify and address process and operational opportunities
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload to deliver on expected timelines
- Bachelor’s degree required
Who you are:
- You want to share what you know and learn what you don’t
- You don’t settle for good , you strive for great
- You crave change, you embrace it
- You are bold and challenge the traditional way of thinking, bring new ideas to the table
- We’re an organization changing and shaping the lives of learnings across the country. Whether directly or indirectly, you’ll be helping make a real difference in the world.
- Our environment and culture encourages collaboration, requires communication and rewards risk-taking.
- We try hard to provide a good work life balance. We think we’re a great place to work that also allows you to have down time with friends and family.
- We believe in giving back to the communities in which we live and work. In fact, we offer 16 hours of paid time off for you to volunteer, in addition to your vacation days and company holidays.
- We want you to live a healthy lifestyle, and offer wellness programs, fitness centers, and onsite health clinics.
- Zovio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity of thought, culture, identity, and experience are important for what we’re doing. If everyone here thought alike, we’d never come up with anything new, much less anything bold or innovative. We want you to be your whole self here, and appreciate the unique nature of the people around you, too.
Zovio’s purpose is to help everyone be in a class of their own.
Zovio is an education technology services company that partners with higher education institutions and employers to deliver innovative, personalized solutions to help learners and leaders achieve their aspirations. Zovio leverages its core strengths and applies its technology and capabilities to priority market needs. Using advanced data and analytics, Zovio identifies the most meaningful ways to enhance the learner experience and deliver strong outcomes for higher education institutions, employers, and learners.
Zovio’s purpose is to help everyone be in a class of their own.
Using data and analytics to power radically innovative experiences that are simple, predictive, and tailored to every individual.
At Life Speed
In tune with real life, creating platforms that are accessible, convenient, and that meet people where they are.
Helping people make progress in their lives by solving the problems that matter with empathy and intelligence.
We are ambitious individuals coming together to create bold solutions for a brighter future. We put our people first, and value different ways of thinking.
Passion | Bring it.
We take pride in what we do and have fun doing it.
Innovation | Ignite bold ideas.
We challenge the traditional way of thinking.
Teamwork | Our teams work.
We share knowledge to get the best solutions.