Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What You’ll Be Doing...
As an Email Developer for our communications team, you’ll be part of a highly skilled group of marketing technologists who are responsible for the development of our customer-facing direct marketing communications.
In this dynamic role, you'll partner with our customer acquisition, base management and transactional teams to support communications initiatives for our home and mobile businesses. You’ll help deliver messaging that provides awareness of products, updates on services and offers, and confirmations to customers regarding recent transactions and account changes. Your efforts will inspire customer loyalty, grow Verizon's revenue, and enhance the overall customer experience - by developing highly personalized customer communications that deliver more than 10 billion touches annually via email, text messaging, push messaging, in-app messaging, and targeted direct mail (via next generation HTML-based, digital printing technology).
- You will be responsible for all aspects of an email development including, HTML/CSS build, requirements authoring, test planning, test execution, and implementation.
- Develop emails using HTML, CSS and/or similar.
- Ensure that email functionality works within a variety of browsers, devices and service providers.
- Develop and execute detailed email test strategies and test plans to prevent defects.
- Advising and working with marketing teams and other stakeholders to address communications platform capability gaps; support the development of solutions to address such gaps.
- Building and updating AEM experience fragments to support new business requirements, based on your own or others’ design.
- Solving problems under pressure and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Leveraging industry best practices related to customer-facing communications development.
- Contributing to innovations that enhance capabilities or increase productivity within the AEM ecosystem.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What We’re Looking For...
You are someone who can thrive in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing and collaborate with others to meet business needs. You are someone who welcomes new challenges, is dedicated to and takes pride in their daily work. You are someone who is not only accomplished in the functional capabilities of AEM, but also has an eye for well-designed communication and has an interest in and an ability to advise the Marketing team on how the solutions we build can help them achieve their objectives.
You'll Need To Have
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience in design, development and testing.
- Four or more years of experience in email/HTML work within a marketing team or function using current HTML/CSS standards.
- Four or more years of experience working in a ContentManagement System building emails or web pages.
- Proficiency with Adobe Experience Manager.
- Experience with project management tools such as Jira.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even Better If You Have
- A degree in an IT-related discipline.
- AEM Certification.
- Ability to work independently at times on multiple tasks.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and display a high level of professionalism, including the ability to work with internal/external staff and business-minded clients.
- Experience with XML, JSON, Java Content Repository (API) suite, Sling web framework and Apache Felix OSGi framework, EJS, and DAM.
- Experience with Adobe Campaign.
- Email marketing experience.
- Experience with personalization and targeting tools.
- Experience working with content management systems or software.
- Experience with AEM Experience Fragments.
- An eagerness for learning and an abundance of curiosity.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and identify areas for improved efficiency.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).