We're looking for an email developer to join our lifecycle team to build and optimise templates for our CRM emails and newsletters. You will implement best practices in development of email templates, delivering beautiful, creative, complex, high-volume, high-visibility, and scaled communications.
You'll be in a small, agile team of email developers, collaborating with designers, copywriters, software engineers and key stakeholders to ensure that all requirements are met and delivered in a timely manner. The team is responsible for creating all the innovative, visually compelling marketing emails for Skyscanner. As well as all marketing push notifications (both regular and rich push) and experimenting with In-App-Messages within our marketing platform.
The ideal candidate will have a good level experience working specifically on email communications, with a detailed understanding of email mark-up restrictions. We need a quick learner with good technical skills, enthusiasm and an eagle eye for detail. Your commitment to excellence, and passion for email marketing will help us deliver game-changing content to our travellers. We use Braze as our email service provider, so a good knowledge of that, or of the underlying technologies that work with it (Liquid markup) would be a great benefit.
What are the key responsibilities for this role?
- Taking designs from Figma and building into responsive dynamic emails.
- Using HTML and CSS to create emails that render across all email clients, ensuring all email builds are true to the original design.
- Using Liquid markup to connect to APIs, dynamically render content and add personalisation for both marketing emails and detailed transactional comms.
- Further utilising Liquid markup to create and maintain push notification content for the lifecycle team.
- Writing code that is clear, free of errors and easy to maintain.
- Reviewing code within Github and collaborating with other team members on email builds.
- Always keeping on trend with the latest techniques and advancements.
- Testing for spam scoring and rendering across all major email clients and browsers.
- Keeping the email templates up to date whilst adhering to brand guidelines.
- Working with designers and developers within the company to provide additional support and to achieve consistency across all platforms.
- Collaborating with back-end engineers to deliver highly personalised email products to our travellers.
What experience will you bring to the team?
- Proficient at building responsive HTML email templates from scratch.
- Proficient working with Liquid markup to connect to APIs and render dynamic content.
- Experience working with Github for version control.
You’ll join a brilliantly diverse group from all corners of the world. After all, travel is about finding new perspectives and experiencing new people and cultures – and Skyscanner is strongest when our teams are both inclusive and diverse. We recognise and challenge everyday biases, remove obstacles to inclusion and ensure all our people can thrive and be themselves.