- Remote/home working allowed with occasional visits to the Folkestone, Kent office so this role will suit candidates in a commutable distance.
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
And right now, we are looking for an Email Developer to create exciting and engaging email creatives, bringing travel proposition to life through email communication!
You will be responsible for the design, development and testing of responsive email creatives for new and existing marketing campaigns. You will be experienced with working within branding guidelines and research into best practice in UX, responsive design, email marketing and deliverability.
In return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If this role sounds of interest, apply now!
- Developing existing email creatives and producing new engaging designs and templates in conjunction with the wider travel marketing/studio team
- Coding, bug checking and testing emails to ensure technical quality and that they render correctly across different devices/ESPs
- Loading designs into Adobe Campaign and resolving any technical issues with both the email and its delivery
- Collaborating with marketers, designers, and content producers on ideas for digital designs that improve the customer journey and drive conversions
- Understanding results and performance, making recommendations to improve future campaigns and user experience, ensuring guests have the best experience when receiving our emails and visiting our website
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to design and code emails quickly and accurately
- Design/creative background
- Experience of working and communicating with multiple stakeholders including marketing, studio and colleagues across the wider business
- Excellent organisational skills and a strong attention to detail
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Experience in working in an email marketing or developer role is essential
- Ability to code websites and emails in HTML and CSS is a must
- Proficiency using digital design packages (Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver or similar) is key
- Knowledge of email design best practice including responsive design and UX is essential
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Remote working available where possible
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays from Jan 2022 with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
- Workplace Pension
- AXA Be Supported
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About The Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.