We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
We welcome your interest in joining Holland America Group - a division of Carnival Corporation. Holland America Group includes Holland America Line and Seabourn (both headquartered in Seattle, Washington), Princess Cruise Lines (headquartered in Santa Clarita, California), and P&O Australia (headquartered in Sydney). Holland America Group operates a combined total of 41 cruise ships with 36,000 employees worldwide. This position will be located in our Santa Clarita office.
This position is for an Email Developer/Coder who is responsible for coding responsive/hybrid emails based on wireframe mock-ups created by the design team. Ideal candidate will have measurable technical experience in all aspects of email build, testing and delivery and will be responsible for everything from understanding business objectives and defining requirements, to email coding, targeting and testing in a mobile first/responsive environment. Candidate will also act as a consultant to peers and business areas on technology and processes, apply code to creative designs, wireframe solutions, process edits, and conduct testing prior to final approvals for multiple business lines.
The Email Developer/Coder will develop and maintain responsive/hybrid email templates based on industry best practices and under the guidance of the Senior Graphic Designer and the guidelines established by the Art Director. This role will typically be challenged with tight timelines, juggling multiple projects, defending solutions based on strategy and best practices, and ability to integrate multiple points of feedback into work. Challenges include consulting the creative team on maintaining, updating and troubleshooting responsive code who have little to no experience in a responsive code environment (team is well-versed in HTML and CSS). Position has the authority to make decisions on their daily operations. Larger decisions and concept approvals require consultation with the Sr. Graphic Designer and Art Director.
The Email Developer/Coder Is Responsible For
Playing a hands-on role in the delivery of outstanding code and results, working collaboratively within a cross-disciplinary team and environment (managers, designers, and copywriters; marketing and product teams).
- Ensure consistency and efficiency of code throughout all projects.
- Work within established brand and platform guidelines.
- Translating business requirements into technical requirements.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Prioritize, re-prioritize and manage projects everyday.
- Attention to detail.
- Consulting the creative team on maintaining, updating and troubleshooting responsive code
- Self-driven and inspired to adhere to the highest corporate standards.
- Stay on top of industry best practices in coding and design and enforce CAN-SPAM and other regulatory requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that bridge technical and non-technical audiences.
- Supportive team-player who enjoys collaborative, as well as independent projects with a fast-paced team.
- Maintain an awareness of industry and code trends, and industry competitors, sharing with peers and the broader community and leveraging them within the code lifecycle.
Education: Degree or years experience.
Experience: 3+ years’ experience in hands-on email development.
- Fluency in HTML/HTML5 and CSS for authoring and debugging responsive email templates
- HTML5 Animation
- Advanced ability to research, analyze and recommend new technologies and software applications to meet the company’s needs
- Experience with email automation and lifecycle programs
- Dreamweaver, XD, and Photoshop Expert
- Testing platforms such as Litmus, 250OK or Email on Acid. Test and monitor campaigns’ compatibility with all web browsers and devices as well as ensure links, images, subject lines, and list segments pass QA.
- Troubleshoot campaign rendering issues, and provide solutions.
- Knowledge of email marketing trends and code best practices
- Willingness to push forward brave ideas
- SAMPLES MUST BE INCLUDED WITH RESUME FOR CONSIDERATION.
- Experience with Illustrator and/or Sketch
- Knowledge of customer analysis, profiling, segmentation, program tracking & evaluation.
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
Next Steps… Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our goal is to be the number one cruise and cruise-tour provider. To make that happen, we need qualified, top-notch team members. If you’re looking to get your talent noticed, apply today! Our application process is quick and easy: Apply online at http://princess.com/careers. Enter the job title into the keyword search to access the job. If you are already on the Princess Cruises website be sure to create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.