Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Responsible for the end-to-end execution of marketing campaigns in email, direct mail, mobile and desktop channels. Advise campaign management team on customer segmentation strategies, conduct quality assurance of all assigned campaigns and deliver post-campaign reporting.
Essential Job Functions: Through previous background and experience the candidate must demonstrate, with or without an accommodation, the ability to...
- Create E-mail campaigns in the E-mail Service Provider’s Campaign Management System, including setting up distribution lists, creating HTML emails, creating tracking links and thoroughly testing campaigns.
- Ensure the timeliness, quality, and accuracy of all outgoing customer communications
- Work with marketing partners to procure copy and graphics as needed
- Manage review cycles with stakeholders and subject-matter experts
- Understand direct mail, e-mail, mobile messaging best practices, utilize these in day-to-day campaign management and bring new solutions and ideas to the team.
- Work hand in hand with assigned Campaign Manager to ensure all campaigns are delivering on strategy and executed flawlessly.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Manage execution of personalized one time and ongoing direct marketing campaigns including list selection via campaign management software, email campaign set up and testing, as well as ensuring accuracy via data proofing.
- Supervise all campaign and control group test lists to ensure customers are accurately included / excluded from campaigns.
- Oversee work of both multiple internal departments as well as outside print vendors to ensure timeliness and in-home dates are met.
- Administer campaign calendar and project schedules through project management software
- Develop marketing systems enhancements around automation as well as new features/functionality by writing functional requirements, use cases and manage systems testing.
- Quality Assurance and Testing: responsible for the accuracy of campaigns including link testing, list counts, email client rendering, trigger campaign monitoring, etc.
- Campaign Proofing & Approvals: send campaign proofs to stakeholders and update campaigns with appropriate feedback. Coordinate with printer for direct mail campaigns.
- Reporting: provide ongoing and ad hoc reporting on campaign performance.
- Best Practices: stays up to date on the latest best practices in direct and digital campaign management, becomes a power user in campaign management tool and brings new ideas and suggestions for process improvement.
Nature Of Supervision
General instruction and/or functional guidance are provided on some, but not all tasks to be performed, and the results of individual projects may be reviewed upon completion. In addition, some tasks may be assigned which may last for extended periods of time with limited supervisory guidance.
- A four-year college degree in Information Systems, Marketing and/or Business or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Intermediate HTML and CSS development skills
- Experience with email testing tools such as Litmus and Email on Acid
- Knowledge of scripting and applying business logic in email including personalization. Experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud is strongly preferred including AMPscript
- Knowledge of multiple aspects of email marketing including dynamic program implementation, template coding, analysis, legislation, authentication and sender reputation systems, deliverability, and general industry trends and metrics.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload to deliver on expected timelines.
- Enthusiasm for learning new tools and techniques
- Familiarity with project management tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Expertise in email development industry best practices and benchmarks
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to multi-task while maintaining a high attention to detail and quality of work
- Follow through on commitments; meeting and exceeding targets and deadlines
Most tasks are performed while seated indoors at a personal computer. Limited travel may be required periodically throughout the year.
Internally, the position will deal with Managers and Directors primarily presenting and explaining data. Externally, the position will deal with advertising vendors and product vendors usually exchanging information, providing instruction, or resolving moderately complex problems.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.