At Mayvenn, we are creating the future of salon retail - one hairstylist at a time. Our mission is to empower hairstylists and salon professionals while changing the way people purchase hair extensions and interact with hair companies. We've experienced tremendous growth since our founding in 2013: our platform has grown into a nationwide movement of over 200,000+ stylists, hundreds of thousands of customers, and millions of dollars invested back into salons across the country.
About The Role
Mayvenn is looking for a temporary Email Developer (Contract) to write HTML/CSS, execute email campaigns and edit existing journeys. The Email Developer will work cross-functionally to own the coding of marketing content/promotions in Mayvenn’s emails and the development of automated lifecycle and triggered campaigns. A key role within the email marketing team, this person will own the technical aspects of email while also helping to update and QA landing pages. This role sits on the marketing team and reports to our Sr. Email Marketing Manager.
Minimum hours required: 20 hours per week (30 hours maximum). This is a remote role.
- Work daily with the email marketing team, and copy and design teams to support planned campaigns.
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS as it is used in the context of modern email development.
- Demonstrate ability to hand-code HTML emails compatible with all mail clients.
- Experience building for all popular email clients, including Gmail, Outlook, and Yahoo.
- Utilize both HTML/CSS expertise to produce, proof, test, and troubleshoot HTML email campaigns.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with marketing and creative teams to gather required assets for marketing campaigns.
- Code HTML/CSS responsive emails based on existing templates to support segmentation strategies.
- Ability to write JSON and Conditional Logic with Handlebars for email personalization and testing.
- Understand brand guidelines, available assets, and develop communications to support daily emails.
- 4+ years of experience developing marketing emails.
- Working knowledge of coding HTML/CSS and responsive email templates.
- Ability to write JSON and conditional logic with Handlebars is a plus.
- Experience with Iterable or other ESPs (Email Service Providers) is required.
- Experience with Instapages for building out and launching landing pages is a plus but not required.
- Experience with the following platforms is a plus but not required; Zapier, Playable, Typeform, OptinMonster, Asana.
- Ability to code email templates from scratch or edit existing templates.
- Understanding of email design and different email client rendering issues.
- Experience testing and troubleshooting in multiple browsers or email clients.
- Experience with dynamic scripting languages and conditional formatting.
- Knowledge of web standards, CSS based design and cross browser compatibility.
- Dedication to completing projects on time.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Team-player mentality and the ability to work cross functionally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Why you’ll love working here.
We’re constantly building new products and services to revolutionize the beauty industry, and we are looking for people who are ready to make an impact every day. There are a wide variety of opportunities within our product from finding the best way to purchase hair extensions to increasing the value of a stylist.
The current team, although small, has a wide variety of backgrounds and is extremely collaborative. We have an amazing culture of genuinely caring about the customer and finding impactful ways to empower our stylists. We love coming to work everyday and solving the toughest problems.