The Email Developer will join two additional Developers, who are part of a larger Email team that drives the execution of consumer relationship marketing efforts to generate revenue from the Email Channel for various lines of LendingTree's business. The ideal candidate will have a passion for designing, coding, and modifying email communications to keep LendingTree's customers engaged with the Channel. He or she will be agile, creative, and flexible and derive insights from campaigns, creatives, A/B testing, and make suggestions to improve. This position reports to the Manager of Email Design and Development.
- Assist with the Development and Design of customer-facing Email communications using HTML, CSS, and JS skills.
- Collaborate with a high-volume Campaign Management team and Creative Teams to develop engaging communications.
- Build, QA, and deliver fully responsive emails that work across major email clients and devices.
- Adopt best practices in front-end development: version control, documentation, deployment, and operations.
- Maintain a robust library of email templates to enable speed-to-market for email communications.
- 4-year college degree with curriculum including Web Development and/or Web Design or 3+ years of experience in the same.
- Solid understanding of variables, if/else statements, case statements, arrays, parsing complex JSON objects.
- Familiar with reading technical documentation to learn new capabilities, features, and functionality.
- Ability to troubleshoot code for multiple email clients in Litmus or similar.
- Experience using project management tools such as Jira.
- Solid experience using Github or Gitlab for code repository, documentation, and version control.
- Skilled in imaging editing software such as Photoshop or similar.
- Stay up to date on email best practices, trends, and UX principles.
- Firm knowledge of responsive design
- Preferred knowledge of:
- Zeplin Collaboration tool
- Using Moveable Ink for image personalization
- Must have a portfolio or Github to be considered
- Embraces the spirit of the Team and willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done!
LendingTree is the nation's largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders so they make their best financial choices.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
What else you should know:
- We're a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We've welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We've built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
- We still make funny commercials.
We're a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We're collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you'll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we're pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, "Get Stuff Done").
Come work with us!
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.