iRobot is looking for a highly motivated Email Developer to join the Global Consumer Engagement team. In this newly created position, you will be responsible for shaping, building and delivering compelling marketing communications, as well as analyzing email data for trends, and helping to optimize our email marketing program. You will be building HTML/CSS emails, templates and dynamic content using responsive design best practices, and help execute dynamic marketing campaigns using those assets. You are intellectually curious, an analytical thinker, highly collaborative in order to work closely with individuals across the entire global enterprise, as well as with our technology partners and vendors.
Lead email development work in HTML/CSS, including coding responsive emails for various promotional, lifecycle and transactional campaigns using the latest HTML/CSS, as well as building, maintaining and updating responsive email templates
- Translate creative into responsive HTML/CSS emails
- Create and maintain personalized dynamic content modules in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Successfully implement various digital and email marketing campaigns
- Own email campaigns readability and accurate rendering across all major email clients and devices
- Own accessibility in emails
- Stay current with email delivery best practices to maximize inbox placement and responsiveness
- Track email best practices and global compliance regulations (CAN-SPAM, CASL, GDPR). Monitor industry trends and be able to make recommendations.
Campaign Development and DevOps:
- Set up promotional and non-promotional campaigns in our ESP (including owner onboarding email campaigns, prospecting email campaigns)
- Complete testing email campaigns. (Ideally have experience with Litmus or simliar email testing platform)
- Assist with other email-related DevOps work as necessary.
- Data requests and data analysis:
- Fulfilling requests for data including email performance data, customer segments, etc.
- Delivering weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reports about email/CRM health.
- Facilitate scalability of platform:
- Create documentation on the proper use of Eloqua & Salesforce Marketing Cloud for teams that use the platform; implement business rules within email platform to act as a failsafe if teams are not using email platform properly.
- Assist US-based and global teams with their roll out of email programs run through email platforms
- HTML and CSS knowledge is required
- Highly proficient in coding responsive HTML/CSS emails and troubleshoot for email clients specific limitations
- Hands-on experience with Eloqua, Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar enterprise level ESP software and working with CRM databases
- Know of best practices for marketing operations, marketing automation, and email marketing; interest in staying current on industry best practices
- Highly proficient in industry standard design software (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Professional experience with data analysis and presenting information to business stakeholders
- Strong project management skills: ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities; previous experience working in Jira is preferred.
- Experience with full funnel execution of email and SMS/MMS
- SQL experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Be able to provide portfolio featuring past email design/development email execution