HomeStars is Canada’s leading platform connecting homeowners with qualified service professionals. Every month over half a million homeowners visit HomeStars to research and select the best rated home service professionals nearby. Visit us at homestars.com to learn more!
At HomeStars, we embrace and celebrate uniqueness within our work community. We believe our greatest ideas come from a diverse mix of mindsets, backgrounds, and experiences. We’re committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment where all of our employees feel welcome, comfortable, and have the opportunity to thrive.
As an Email Developer at HomeStars, you will grow and maintain the code snippet library for easy development of emails that ensure readability and functionality across top inboxes and platforms. Work with our design team to test different layouts and push the boundaries on what’s possible in email.
Your impact, 90 days and beyond
- Execute a data-driven customer lifecycle via email to empower service professionals to grow their business using our platform
- Build for the future by looking at new trends and capabilities across the email space and incorporating it into our feature set
- Be the marketing team expert when it comes to email development questions, providing guidance on things like tagging, testing and blog elements
- Proficient in HTML and CSS for email
- Experience working with an ESP (bonus points for experience with Pardot)
- Knowledge of email best design and coding practices, as well as applicable laws (CASL)
- Experience with data architecture (events vs. fields)
- Strong project management skills, communication and being able to juggle many projects at once
Nice to have
- Graphic Design or Web Design (Landing pages)
- B2B Marketing
- Experience with Salesforce CRM, or similar platforms an asset
- Ability to take marketing concepts/requirements and translate them into marketing automation programs
- Remote work - All of our roles are currently remote. Office equipment supplied!
- Excellent Benefits Package - We want a healthy and productive team
- Wellness Wednesdays - Our way of helping to achieve mental, and physical wellness during the pandemic
- Equity Program - An opportunity for all of our employees to share in HomeStars' success
- December Break - The office is closed the week before New Year’s Eve, every year
- Personal Growth. We provide constructive feedback to foster their career growth
- We are growing fast - HomeStars is part of the ANGI Homeservices Inc. family which is public and includes top home service brands like Home Advisor and Angie’s List
- Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of the entertainment district in Toronto, including a rec room with lounge, ping pong, darts and foosball
HomeStars has recently been recognized as
- Best Workplaces Managed by Women, Canada 2020
- Best Workplaces in Technology, Canada 2020
- Best Workplaces for Today’s Youth, Canada 2020
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.