Fundrise is on a mission to build a better financial system for the individual.
Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button.
Our platform is powered by robust proprietary technology, a vertically integrated infrastructure, high-leverage data capture, and hundreds of thousands of enthusiastic long-term investors.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re seeking an experienced marketing developer to play a key role in realizing our vision of a world-class online investing experience. On our lifecycle team, you will own and evolve how our communications come to life at Fundrise. From emails to in-app messages, and potentially into some front end work for our growth team, this role will manage our code base across our lifecycle tools in order to produce the highest quality of work possible.
In this role, you will:
- Grow and maintain the code snippet library for easy development of emails that ensure readability and functionality across top inboxes and platforms.
- Build for the future by looking at new trends and capabilities across the email space and incorporating it into our feature set.
- Work with our design team to test different layouts and push the boundaries on what’s possible in email.
- Partner with our engineering team to encourage correct data architecture within our marketing ESP (Iterable) supporting easy creation of highly personalized comms.
- Own the creation, maintenance and deployment of communications within our transactional ESP (internally built).
- Be the marketing team expert when it comes to development questions, providing guidance on things like tagging, testing and blog elements.
Our office is based in Washington, DC. However, we are also open to full-time remote candidates. We have a number of full-time remote employees so you'll fit right in.
You are an email developer and connoisseur who looks for creative solutions no matter the size of the project. Whether you’re developing a single email or running a full system redesign, you’re passionate about your craft and work to hear, “ok, that’s cool!”, from teammates when showcasing a project. Finally, you love being a part of a team.
Additionally, you have:
- An excitement to get your hands dirty.
- From reworking code snippets to running QA of highly personalized emails, you like to deep dive into optimizing the program from the inside out (and have experience doing it).
- Obsessed with the customer experience.
- Everything always comes back to what’s best for the customer.
- A low-ego, team-first mentality
- You’re all about the outcome, not the credit
- A relentless growth mentality.
- You’re always learning, eager to test, and quick to share what you’ve learned with others.
- Proficient in HTML and CSS for email
- Working knowledge of JSON and Handlebars
- Experience working with an ESP (bonus points for experience with Iterable)
- Knowledge of email best design and coding practices, as well as applicable laws (CAN-SPAM)
- Experience with data architecture (events vs. fields)
- Strong project management skills, able to juggle many projects at once.