The role of email developer is responsible for hands-on coding HTML-based emails, utilizing approved tools and templates, building and testing of customer-facing email marketing communications. The role will include developing dynamic content using scripting languages, working with creative and graphic assets, and optimizing for email. To be successful in this role, the candidate must be technically driven, accustomed to working in close partnership with CRM Campaign Managers and QA analysts and have an in-depth understanding of email marketing solutions and automation platforms, specifically Salesforce. This position is expected to utilize both HTML expertise and email marketing best practices where applicable within the daily responsibilities.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop, modify, test and debug responsive email and email templates built using HTML,CSS and AMP script
- Execute best practices in email development, accessibility, and email compliance regulations
- Troubleshoot HTML, CSS, and other performance issues to ensure identical rendering across browsers, ESPs, and devices
- Collaborate with the cross-functional team (developer, campaign managers, creatives, QA and digital project managers) as needed to support high quality campaign builds
- Adhere to quality assurance processes and standards, as well as production schedules and deadlines for all projects
- Participate in meetings where email best practices and strategy are being discussed
- Identify areas of opportunity within development processes and work with the team and management to clarify and simplify complex processes
- 2+ years email development experience and marketing automation (SFMC)
- Expert in email technologies, including HTML/CSS
- Familiar with data queries and dynamic content rules
- Proficient in responsive email design and understanding of front-end development and cross-browser issues
- Remain current and leverage email development industry best practices and benchmarks
- Ability to convert design files into files/assets using Adobe XDF
- Familiar with working in an Agile environment and using tools including JIRA
- Experience with git-based code version control systems
- Demonstrated an ability to work in a fast paced / dynamic team environment and possess time management skills in meeting deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
The Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with visible and non-visible disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruiting and selection process.
FCB is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our agency. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to be recognized by Ad Age as one of the Best Places to Work 2020.
FCB does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of citizenship, race, place of origin, ethnic origin, colour, ancestry, disability, age, creed, sex/pregnancy, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression, or any other protected ground under applicable law.