eHealthInsurance has many exciting career opportunities in a number of locations, across various functions. Come join us today!
eHealth has many exciting career opportunities in a number of locations, across various functions. Come join us today!
At eHealth we are passionate about helping our customers navigate through the complex world of health insurance. By understanding our customer’s needs, we can help them find the right health insurance plan for them.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Email Developer to support our growing Customer Communications team and contribute to the success of customer lifecycle marketing initiatives across eHealth.
The Customer Communication team’s mission is to build personalized and effective messaging programs that not only nurture and convert leads, but also engage and help retain existing members. As our Email Developer, you are someone that thrives on bringing email designs and ideas to life by coding high quality and responsive emails and templates, including personalized and dynamic content.
The ideal candidate is someone who can produce high quality work under tight deadlines. We’re also looking for someone who is interested in learning more about marketing technologies and who isn’t afraid to take on new responsibilities as the team grows.
Location: Austin, TX or Gold River, CA
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and develop fully responsive templates and individual emails via best in class HTML/CSS for various lifecycle marketing and transactional messages.
- Integrate dynamic and personalized content elements leveraging data from our messaging automation platform and other data sources
- Build and optimize emails in our marketing automation/ESP platforms
- Support our mobile marketing efforts by building SMS programs
- Perform thorough quality assurance on every email to ensure that campaigns are rendering error free and that dynamic content is populating as expected
- Own and improve email campaign rendering across all major email clients and devices and stay abreast of industry changes.
- Develop a technical expertise in all of our campaign and CRM related tools through daily usage and ongoing training
- Monitor and manage IP and domain reputation to ensure maximum email deliverability
- Identify and develop new email and SMS campaign program improvements
- Manage process improvement efforts to continue to refine email and SMS program operation processes
- Maintain and organize asset library that includes content, templates and images
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years of experience with HTML/CSS coding
- Highly proficient with HTML/CSS for email marketing and building responsive templates
- Proven experience coding email campaigns from end-to-end including simple to complex dynamic content
- Deep knowledge of email marketing best practices and customer lifecycle marketing
- Hands-on experience coding emails in marketing automation tools (Marketo experience preferred)
- Experience leading large scale coding projects including new template systems is ideal
- Must be detail oriented with an eye for overall user experience
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Experience with SMS platform like Twilio is preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with VTL/JS Scripting preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related quantitative degree
- Be able to provide portfolio featuring past email design/development email execution
eHealth is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.