Dyspatch is looking for an Email Developer to join our Customer Success team! In this role you’ll be responsible for implementing, importing, and converting our customers’ email templates into DML. We built DML as an email framework to make mobile responsiveness, cross-client compatibility, accessibility, and localizing content easier. As an Email Developer, you’ll also be building eye-catching demos using Dyspatch and cutting edge technologies like AMP to showcase our offerings, in between client projects.
Salary: $60,000 - 75,000 CAD
We’re based in Canada and this role is open to candidates who currently have valid Canadian work authorization (a SIN) and currently reside in Canada. Our core working hours are ~9 - 5 in the Pacific time zone, and we ask that you are able to have some overlap with us - both for meetings and for connection.
Our team is temporarily working remotely. The successful candidate will be asked to start as a remote employee and will have the option to work out of our Victoria, BC headquarters when the pandemic has ended or to remain fully remote. We're open to working with the right candidate to find the best solution.
In the first 3 months, You'll…
- Get familiar with the intricacies of email
- Learn about AMP for email
- Ramp up on our in-house templating and email languages
- Work with the Customer Success team in planning, importing, and building customer templates
- Dive into email trends and best-practices
- Build emails in DML to help onboard customers
- Provide project timelines for building out customer emails
- Participate in customer calls to scope projects and provide technical solutions
n the first 12 months, You'll...
- Work with our Customer Success in building engaging examples and demos
- Contribute to our technical and customer-facing documentation
- Build project timelines, with input from our Customer Success team
- Improve tooling to make the team more effective, and to accelerate our process
- Be an email expert, helping our team keep up-to-date with email trends through lunch & learns and knowledge sharing
- Document best practices internally for our CS and Developer teams
- Work with CS on documenting best practices for our customers
- Work with our Marketing team to produce useful and interesting blog content on building emails, managing emails, and using new technologies like AMP
Required technical skills
- Experience using scripting languages like Python, Perl, Ruby, or similar
Nice to have technical skills
- Email HTML
- MJML or equivalent email framework
- Familiarity with the technical challenges of building and maintaining complex emails
At Dyspatch we believe that work should be transparent, engaging, and take place at a sustainable pace. We constantly strive to be better, to be more inclusive, and to push ourselves outside our comfort zones, caring deeply about our customers, products, and our coworkers. We work to grow the communities around us, as we all grow stronger together.
We want our Dyspatchios to be supported at work, and well-cared for in their lives outside of it, offering:
Generous time off, starting with three weeks of paid vacation, a winter holiday office closure, and personal time to take care of life
Paid parental leave, topping up to 10 weeks
An extended health program supporting the physical and mental health of you and those closest to you
An annual pro-d budget, and the support to take advantage of it
A wellness program designed for all activity levels and interests
Flexible, remote-first schedules, allowing you to work when and where you feel your best.
Apply below with an updated resume and a few lines on why you want to join the Dyspatch team - make sure to highlight any email experience you have!
We understand that experience can be gained in many ways and that skills are transferable. If you’ve had a non-traditional career path, or if there’s anything you want to clarify about your resume, let us know.
We look forward to meeting you!