At LegalShield we see a world where access to justice and security is equal for every human; no longer simply sold to the highest bidder. Seriously. We exist solely for our mission to protect and empower people with the tools and services they need to affordably live a just and secure life. We’ve been doing it in the offline world for nearly 50 years, have just shy of two million members, and have double-digit growth. However, we only recently began to pivot to a technology-centric company with the infusion of some amazing tech talent. That means we have the funding and stability of a seasoned company, but the energy and future potential of a startup. The possibilities of what we’ll achieve are truly boundless.
The Email Developer and coordinator is responsible for the development of email marketing campaigns across the entire LegalShield Business. This role requires extensive knowledge of HTML/CSS and Handlebars to code personalized customer facing email communications.
The email developer will understand how to setup and code campaigns for personalization at scale. They will help guide data requirements to ensure we can update and execute campaigns quickly and efficiently.
This position is also be responsible for the timely delivery of all planned marketing campaigns. You will work closely with Email Marketing Managers to execute upcoming email campaigns.
As a member of this team, you will work to execute thoughtful, data-driven marketing campaigns that drive meaningful growth for the company. You will be part of an expert email team that adds value to the member lifecycle which leads to conversion and retention.
- Develop & launch responsive emails which include dynamic and personalized elements
- Support the buildout and execution of omni-channel workflows
- Own the strategy for how to execute and develop personalized emails to users within our CRM tools
- Work with data and analytics teams to write requirements for new data connections and the dynamic use of this data in campaigns and targeting
- QA against customer profiles to ensure dynamic personalization and defaults rendering with accurate experiences
- Receive assets from in-house Creative teams, and work independently on production assets
- Utilize knowledge and research of current email best practices to make suggestions regarding design, layout, messaging and deliverability
- Setup A/B testing content for emails
- Work within Iterable to ensure accuracy across all email builds, including cross platform, browser, device compatibility
- Ensure emails follow industry policies and best practices
- Knowledge of CAN-SPAM and e-mail regulatory compliance
- Build and deploy emails and newsletters according to weekly deadlines
- Perform QA checks on all email campaigns
- Implement A/B testing for subject lines, content, and design.
- Create and build segments for targeting
- Collaborate with creative and marketing teams to enforce efficient email marketing processes
· 3+ years experience in HTML development, specifically for email marketing
· 3+ years experience with personalization logic
· Experience with coding languages and markup structures
· Knowledge of cross-browser and device compatibility issues and limitations
· A passion for high-quality UX and attention to detail
· Experience with a range of CRM tools including enterprise technology (we use iterable)
· Ability to work with minimum supervision in a collaborative team environment
· Strong communicator, with the ability to conceptualize and communicate highly detailed technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
· Prior experience working directly with professional design teams
· Ability to work well across departments and teams