A Long Island-based medical media company is looking to add an Email Designer/Developer to our organization. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and coding emails in collaboration with our creative, marketing, editorial, sales, and project management teams.
In this role, you will be responsible for executing email development, design, and marketing tactics for many of our products, brands, and services. Working in close collaboration with production and digital operations, you will also focus on email automation, campaign setup, deployment criteria, post-deployment analysis, and optimization.
- Build, QA, and produce fully responsive emails that deliver on business goals
- Complete production for all assigned email communication needs including, preparing visual assets, debugging, quality control, and addressing editorial/design changes and revisions
- Follow branding guidelines to design, replicate, and adjust email layouts
- Collaborate with project managers and digital operations to adhere to the email marketing calendar and deliverables
- Produce customized images and layouts based on customer segments (i.e. healthcare specialty, education, location, etc.)
- Develop responsive email templates designed for modern mobile devices while maintaining support for older desktop clients that don't support up-to-date CSS and media queries
- Gather insights from research and analytics to form new design solutions to meet business/user objectives
- Maintain and organize job folders, documentation, and design assets
- 2+ years of relevant email development and design experience with expertise in modern and traditional email HTML and CSS techniques
- Competence with Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and InDesign)
- Email reporting experience and familiarity with key email metrics
- Experience working with ESPs (such as HubSpot, Salesforce, MailChimp, and Constant Contact)
- Ability to project manage and work under deadlines
- Knowledge of mobile-friendly email development and best practices
- Understanding of dynamic email content and personalization
- Good typography skills
- Solid grasp of email specific UI, UX, and interaction design skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Willingness to learn and grow strategy and technology skill sets
- Works well with clients and teams, being flexible to their needs and communicating in a timely manner
- Ability to meet deadlines with quick turnaround times
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Omniture, or other web reporting tools
- Sound analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with anti-spam laws
- Social media design/marketing/campaign experience
- Website design/development skills
- Experience with CMS systems (such as WordPress, Joomla, or Umbraco)
- Knowledge of CSS frameworks
- Experience with marketing automation and email marketing tools
- Experience using a customer data platform
Salary is commensurate with experience. A full benefits package is available. When responding to this opportunity, please include a cover letter including why you believe you are the best candidate for this position as well as your salary expectations.
Harborside is a medical media company whose products, partnerships, and solutions have made it a destination that has earned the trust of clinicians, professional societies, and health care marketers. The company is a multi-channel leader in oncology information that professionals turn to for accurate content, news, and education. Harborside directs the sales efforts for three of the top 10 publications in oncology, the largest media market in health care. Beginning in 2022, Harborside has begun applying this same expertise in the dental space, representing the industry-leading portfolio of the American Dental Association. Working once again with the top brands in the market, Harborside will leverage the leading society's peer-reviewed journal and clinical newspaper together as an attractive multi-channel offering that delivers the right audience to its customers.
Harborside is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, Harborside will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.