We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking an Email Designer/Developer to join our User Experience team.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? We are looking for a forward-thinking and technically-inclined individual to design, execute and build responsive email templates with the overarching goal to elevate and maintain a high bar of UX excellence. This role will report into our Creative Director, Digital.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups and mandatory bias training, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best
selves to work.
What you’ll do:
- Design and code responsive email communications and email marketing campaigns.
- Push the boundaries of our email designs and continue to iterate on our strategic and thoughtful email programs.
- Develop responsive email templates based on our email DLS for modern mobile devices while maintaining support for older desktop clients that don’t support CSS media queries.
- Deliver production for all assigned email communication needs including, preparing visual assets, QA’ing against mocks and addressing change rounds and revisions
- Glean insights from research and analytics to form new design solutions from your findings.
- Present projects to key stakeholders outside the UX team.
- Review final work with an exacting eye to ensure delivered files are to spec and up to brand standard. Proactively resolve quality issues that arise during production.
- Liaison with adjacent teams to ensure timely deliveries of assets.
- Help develop and manage our internal email DLS.
- Maintain job folders, documentation and design assets.
Who you are:
- 2+ years of relevant email development/design experience with expertise in HTML/CSS, and media queries
- Knowledge of responsive email development and best practices, understanding of dynamic content and personalization
- Understanding of typography
- Solid email specific UI, UX, and interaction design skills.
- A portfolio of digital projects that have elevated a brand’s digital experience
- Competence in Figma/Sketch and Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take the time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have four weeks of PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups and inclusion training, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money to grab coffee with your new coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We also organize monthly opportunities to give back to our local communities.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey and Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online and through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up and offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage and travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” and one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies”. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London and Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.