Become our next Email designer.
ActionRocket is the creative studio for email & CRM; born out of a passion for email and the idea that it can achieve great results as a channel in its own right. In joining us, you won’t only be making a great life choice, you’ll become a part of a mission; to make awesome email and content.
Brands who have joined us include PizzaExpress, Global Radio, Airbnb, Treatwell and Nespresso.
Hurry submission closes 1st December 2020.
We are looking to support our key accounts with a highly motivated, talented email designer and coder that can take a brief and bring it to life in the inbox. Agency culture and work life balance is important to us. Not only will we focus on providing training to grow your role, you will also enjoy a flexible, fun working environment and have a happy team around you.
What we’re looking for:
● 2+ years’ experience working as a junior to mid designer at an agency or brand
● Demonstrable experience designing and developing email campaigns
● Excellent design + problem solving skills
● Stand out online portfolio demonstrating current email best practices
● Interest in emerging technologies and the ability to pick up new skills
● Strong attention to detail
● Good understanding of modular and responsive HTML and CSS for email marketing
● Handwritten HTML & CSS (Correct use of markup and styling)
● A solid understanding of cross-client/platform issues, code solutions, best practices and email guidelines/standards
● Be highly organised and efficient with time management
● Must be highly responsive, mature and good at solving problems
● Sense of humor and a good team ethos
● Be eligible to work in the UK and be commutable distance to London
What we ask:
● Be eligible to work in the UK. Live within a commutable distance to London
● Work with the client services team to understand the brief
● Come up with concepts for campaigns, CRM programs and templates
● Drive concepts through the design and development process, giving constructive feedback and rational to clients
● Be able to build, test and QA your work to a high standard
● Support the implementation of new automated email initiatives
● Work to a high standard and to meet set deadlines
● Manage priorities, workflow and be highly organised overall
● Be passionate about email and spread this to the team and clients alike
● Hit the ground running and bring fresh new ideas to the team
● Graphic design
● Cross-browser/email client knowledge
● Table-based layouts 2
● Responsive design
● Animation a bonus
● Sketch/Illustrator a bonus
What we’ll do for you:
● 26 Days Paid holidays
● Due to Covid-19 we are all working from home! With flexible start and lunch times to help.
● Now: Team zoom parties, in the future: Beers, team lunches and nights out
● Chance to join our agency Yoga clubs
● Opportunity to build your profile in the industry
● Work with brands that fit your style
● Agency culture is important - you’ll be working in a family-feel team environment
● Provide you with an Apple MacBook Pro and anything else you may need
● Access to a yearly training budget to spend on developing your role in the agency
What we’re about:
We’re an agency where clients and people stick around. We love what we do and we want our team to grow and be the best they can be. Our clients are broad and everyone is treated the same. Big ideas turn into big plans and are implemented seamlessly with our senior team of planners, designers and developers. We specialise in CRM with a strong emphasis on mobile UX design for email and push communications. We are currently working remotely due to Covid-19 restrictions, but hope to be back in a studio next year.
What our team have to say
‘Working at Action Rocket has brought out the best in me as a designer. Everyday is set in a friendly and informal studio, with a team that is comprised of decades worth of experience. I have learnt a huge amount since I started working here, and get to work with clients who aren't afraid to push the boundaries of design and code. If you're coming from a corporate workplace, you'll definitely appreciate the difference.’ Sam, Senior Designer
Interested? Here’s how to apply
Our aim is to understand your talent, experience no matter your background, or demographics. Because of this the person you will liaise with at ActionRocket will not be part of the team hiring you.
Phase 1: Application closes December 1st 2020
We want to set a task for you to get stuck into, instead of long cover letters and CVs. We have tried to keep this as fun and non time consuming as possible. We want to see your ideas and raw talent no matter the brands or places you have worked.
We will need the following for your full application:
1. Applicants must fill out the questionnaire before completing the design challenge. This includes your details, making sure you are eligible to work in the UK, and that you have enough experience.
2. 2 part challenge: Design brief and HTML questions
3. Email: Design Challenge Part 1 + 2 submission and any supporting documents including CV and portfolio work you’d like to share
Phase 2: Short Listed candidates and Interview - December 2020
We will then short list based on your Design submission and HTML answers. If you are shortlisted expect an email back on 11th December to arrange an interview. We will endeavour to get back to you quickly with feedback if you have not been accepted.
Before your interview we will review your CV, the following will be removed by our team: Name, email, college and education locations and date of birth. 4
December 15th - 17th will be when we interview. This is when we get to meet you! Albeit through a screen due to Covid-19 restrictions. This is a time for you to ask any questions about the role, and for us to get to know you and talk through your task. You’ll be interviewed in front of 4 people and the same people will interview everyone. Don’t worry we know what interviews are like and we are a friendly bunch!
Phase 3: Second round - early January 2021
We will ask that the second round candidates perform a short HTML task. This is to check your experience in coding for email, the code standard you use and the attention to detail and QA. Based on your submission we will finalise the winning candidate and may ask for a second interview.
Phase 4: Final round - mid January 2021 After Phase 2 and 3 we will award the offer and we can grab another meeting, if safe in person with your manager and some of the team. This will give us a chance to talk through the opportunity and finalise the offer and contracts.
Contact and for any questions please email: [email protected] for help.
London EC1R 0AT