Email Designer & Developer
As Email Designer and Developer, you will oversee the design, development and execution of all physical emails and SMS campaigns, Responsible for the design, build and deployment of strong email communication supporting the business strategy.
We offer a generous reward package and the opportunity to develop and influence our diverse business.
Our Team and Environment
At Centrica we recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here.
We are happy to talk flexible working! We offer a flexible balance of both home and office working, meeting with the team at our main Windsor site when required. This conversation will happen as part of the appointment process so there is no need to tell us on your application. We will make sure your request is considered and accommodated where it is practical.
- Design and create assets required for email marketing campaigns.
- Utilize HTML/CSS to develop or modify responsive email templates and existing campaigns.
- Execute email campaigns with a heavy emphasis on customer segmentation, testing protocol, and technical execution.
- Perform QA and ensure identical rendering across browsers, ESPs, and devices. Troubleshoot HTML & CSS when issues arise.
- Create emails from scratch as well as work with templated emails that require updating.
- Manage email campaigns end-to-end, from managing stakeholder's expectations, though briefing the production team to managing deployment
- Making sure that quality assurance testing is happening to validate functional and rendering performance
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise on email channel best practice, process and principles, and channel capabilities
- Generate reports and monitor performance in order to provide recommendations and deliver continuous improvements to the email systems
- Identify opportunities to build an automated email system/trigger/lifecycle driven email
- Support our data and insight teams to develop targeting strategy to deliver business plan and achieve YoY growth
About You: Knowledge & Experience
We are looking for a creative email developer with proven in-depth experience of email campaign management to manage and co-ordinate multiple campaigns whilst continuing to deliver on time and to budget.
You possess a strong understanding of how to effectively engage and convert email subscribers through template design and will be Comfortable owning and optimising email design and build process
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS to understand the possibilities and limitations of email HTML, responsive design, Email UI/UX, accessibility standards for email
- Experience working with an ESP, HTML, CSS, and Photoshop
- Proven in-depth knowledge of email campaign management
- Comfortable owning and optimising email design and build process