The Email Design Manager will work in the Design Department of the Harbor Freight Tools Internal Creative Agency. The Email Design Manager will be responsible for the design output and creative development of the email design team. The Email Design Manager will maintain the design standards for a wide variety of emails that support product categories, sales events and multiple business programs. This position requires the ability to strategically collaborate with marketing, merchandising, and operations partners in support of the business goals of Harbor Freight Tools
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the design standards of all Harbor Freight Tool emails. This includes emails for the sale events, product promotions and marketing programs.
- Art direct and guide the professional development of email designers.
- Continuous improvement of email design style and templates within the overall Harbor Freight brand standards.
- Responsible for creating and directing motion graphics/gifs for use in emails.
- Research emerging technologies and developments in the design field and implement them when appropriate.
- Strategically partner with the Marketing and Merchandising teams with the goal of achieving Harbor Freight Tool’s business objectives.
- Partner with the Production Design team by guiding them with the email graphic standards and templates.
- Assist in reviewing final proofs for all projects.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Supervises staff – Yes
- Organizational Scope - Working mostly with Corporate departments
- Travel - 10%; may travel to trade show no more than once per year, domestic travel only.
- Location - Remote
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Arts or Design is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a graphic designer in-house, or graphic/ad agency; prior supervisory/managerial experience a plus
Job Qualifications – Skills
- Strong knowledge of design principles, strategies and systems
- Ability to combine various design disciplines (color theory, typography, contrast, balance, repetition, alignment, etc.) to create high-value emails
- Experience managing designers and creative processes
- Must demonstrate experience understanding branding concepts and how they manifest in email design
- Proven project management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects and organize workload to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Expert-level experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects)
- Very organized and able to prioritize; good time management practices
- Quick study of department processes
- Must be able to present and sell design ideas with a clear, articulate approach
- Must demonstrate a great attitude and a serious work ethic
- Ability to collaborate across various company departments
- Remain flexible with regard to changing priorities
- Consistently meet deadlines and handle workload
- Provide high quality finished work
- Ability to work longer hours when needed to meet business needs
- Experience with 3D programs, such as KeyShot is a plus
- Experience in retail marketing design is a plus
- Entertainment design experience is a plus
General office environment requiring ability to:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time;
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone;
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports;
- lift up to 15 lbs.
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business. We made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 43 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less. All while developing and launching over 1,000 new tools each year. We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 43 year-old, $5 billion company with over 1,100 stores, opening 2-3 new stores a week with over 40 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you. Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977.