Who is Litmus?
Litmus’s email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver quality, brand-aligned communications that delight and engage consumers. Over the last 10+ years, we’ve built a reputation as thought leaders and one of the most trusted solutions in the industry, and it shines through our customers – all 250,000 of them, representing the world’s top brands in tech, banking & finance, retail, media, and more.
And with our newest acquisition of Kickdynamic, an AI-driven content automation solution, we are now the leaders in email marketing personalization.
How do we do this? It all starts with our people, and a core belief that the talent we seek should be a culture add rather than a “culture fit”.
What would I do at Litmus?
We’re looking for a talented designer who will own email design and production at Litmus. The ideal candidate has an understanding and appreciation of email design as a unique type of digital design. You’ll also have impeccable attention to detail while acknowledging that pixel perfection isn’t always the objective of a high performing email design.
In addition to email design, you’ll have additional opportunities to support ad-hoc email production and participate in the deployment of email campaigns in our ESPs. This role will report to our Senior Email Marketing Manager.
On any given day you might:
- Collaborate with our marketing and design teams to create innovative and forward-thinking designs that are well-composed, on-brand, and meet our marketing and communication objectives
- Translate email copy documents into email designs based on best practices and research
- Conceptualize and create sketches and mockups to present your ideas for consideration and gain approval
- Support the creation and maintenance of a comprehensive email style guide for all of Litmus’ emails—marketing, transactional, and operational
- Design for a variety of email applications and use cases, including ad-hoc email layouts; re-usable modular snippets and partials; WYSIWYG templates, and more
- Work with email team colleagues to ensure designs are suitable for the email channel
- Create original graphics and creative assets optimized for email
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and trends in email design and share findings with the team. Use findings to ensure Litmus email designs are ahead of the curve
- Own the email QA process
- Email campaign setup and deployment in our ESPs
What is Litmus looking for in a candidate?
- A strong, creative design portfolio showcasing an understanding of, and appreciation for, design principles (e.g. layout, typography, color)
- Experience using Figma, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator; a strong plus if you also create email-friendly GIFs
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Basic understanding of email marketing principles and best practices and how to apply that knowledge to design optimized email layouts, taking into consideration email rendering differences across email clients and devices
- Nice-to-haves include:
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Litmus
- Experience using Marketo, Campaign Monitor, or other ESPs
- Knowledge of the key differences in email design when compared to web design, and understand what is possible
- Strategic thinking, prioritization skills, troubleshooting, and the ability to manage multiple projects
Not sure if you meet all the requirements? Please apply! We know no job description can measure a person’s attitude, aptitude, or amplitude (the ability to turn it up a notch) and highly encourage you to apply.
Our approach is shaped by a strong respect for each individual. This applies to every aspect of employment – from equitable wages, work-life balance, the freedom to be your whole self, to equal opportunities for growth and development at Litmus. We believe wholeheartedly the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.