The Email Deployment Specialist will support and assist the Email Marketing Manager with day-to-day building of email campaigns which includes requesting linking strategy, building campaigns in marketing's ESP, testing, quality assurance, modifying for any business-critical changes and scheduling deployment for promotional emails. The position requires a high level of organization and attention to detail to deal with a large volume of campaigns in various stages of the process.
- Performs day-to-day email marketing activities including, but not limited to, email campaign set-up, scheduling, testing, tagging and deployment of one-time, recurring, triggered and dynamic content-driven campaigns.
- Oversees email deployment to ensure that emails are delivered with no issues and troubleshoots issues when necessary.
- Updates emails as necessary when changes are needed to pricing, products and promotions.
- Maintains and executes on-going test and learn agendas.
- Collaborates across teams (product marketing, buyers, and site merchandising) to support brand and sales goals.
- Complies with industry rules and regulations governing commercial email communication. (CAN-SPAM, CASL, CCPA, etc.)
Core Competencies & Accomplishments
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-2 years self-service experience with a major ESP preferred (Salesforce, Responsys, etc)
- 1-2 years experience in a retail marketing setting preferred
- 1-2 years email live content marketing tool experience preferred (Movable Ink, Liveclicker, whatcounts, etc)
- Passionate about email and marketing
- Working knowledge of HTML and Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of email concepts, design and best practices
- Must have excellent attention to detail and high level of organization to build and manage multiple campaigns occurring simultaneously
- Strong project and time management skills
- Comfortable adjusting on the fly when there are changes in scope, deadlines or asset availability
- Ability to work independently while also functioning and contributing as part of a team
- Adapts quickly to changing priorities and can operate in a dynamic environment
What You Get
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.