The Email Deliverability team is part of the Production Engineering organization, which focuses on empowering internal teams to build better products. While the team is in an Engineering organization, the team works and collaborates with other business units.
Some of the responsibilities of the team includes:
- Troubleshoot email delivery issues.
- Monitor email deliverability reputation and inboxing.
- Evangelize and educate internal business units on email concepts and best practices.
- Advise and work with internal business units on marketing email campaigns.
- Engage with the industry on email deliverability and infrastructure initiatives.
You’ll be working on things like:
- Manage the team, helping them prioritize and work on the most impactful projects.
- Identify email product and infrastructure improvements and advice engineering teams on the related roadmaps.
- Work with product, UX and other engineering teams to instill email best practices in our products.
- Work both strategically and tactically with internal business unit leaders to resolve their deliverability challenges.
- Grow the team, both through internal development and external hiring.
Qualities you likely have to be well suited to this role:
- Experience in forming and running a Deliverability team to provide opportunities to grow.
- In-depth understanding of technical aspects of messaging, including email FBLs, DNS, DKIM, SPF, DMARC and other core infrastructure.
- Knowledge of SMS or other notification channels is a bonus.
- Strong understanding of email engagement metrics and tools used to query and analyze delivery issues.
- Understanding of the email data collection and processing laws CAN-Spam, CASL, GDPR.
- Experience with deliverability reputation systems and reputation management and scoring.
- Experience relevant to managing an email service provider with 1M+ senders that have heavily varying email volumes.
- Experience in writing internal or customer facing documentation.
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence and results.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.