Splendid Spoon is looking for an Email Manager (who will also run our SMS and Direct Mail) to join our growing Marketing team. This person will sit between our brand and growth marketing functions, managing the customer journey from first site visit to upsell and reactivation. The primary focus for this role will be increasing the lifetime value of our customers.
This is an exciting time to join the team at Splendid Spoon (we’re growing like crazy!). We’re looking for an analytical, self-starter who will develop our CRM strategy while also executing email, push and direct mail sends at the same time. This person will work collaboratively across the organization with Product, Technology and Customer Experience.
What you’ll do:
- Create and execute data-first, dynamic strategies that engage customers. Follow customers from cart abandonment, first purchase, new customer onboarding, reactivation and upsell flows.
- Align communication flows across multiple trigger-based channels (email, SMS, direct mail) with the goal of retaining customers (reducing churn) and driving revenue.
- Utilize segmentation to incorporate customer’s motivations (for example: weight loss, saving time) into personalized user journeys with the goal of driving more revenue.
- Implement multivariate testing across segments to drive insights, delivering the right content to the right person at the right time.
- Be the subject-matter expert on our customer communication platforms, serving as the point person for maintaining current vendor relationships and onboarding new vendors.
- Analyze messaging performance, communicate results via weekly reports, and apply learnings to future campaigns
- Copywriting, an eye for design and light front end coding (HTML/CSS, etc), we are a small and nimble team.
- Partner with the marketing team on seasonal product launches and brand campaigns.
- 4+ years of experience in email marketing, CRM or similar, marketing analytics and loyalty programs.
- Solid understanding of email/SMS fundamentals (CAN-SPAM compliance, deliverability, etc.), audience segmentation, automated triggers, A/B split testing, personalization, dynamic content and KPIs
- Experience working with one or more of these ESPs and segmentation tools (Klaviyo, Iterable, Braze, Segment, etc)
- Solutions-Oriented. You dive into the details to uncover the optimal solution, and can present that solution effectively, using data to back up your hypothesis. Analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated. Someone who will strive in a start-up culture, iterate frequently and drive innovation and excited to develop structure around something new
- Customer-first: You care about the customer. You consider factors like frequency and unsubscribe rate while balancing revenue goals.
- Demonstrated success developing strong cross-functional partnerships with data, product, Technology, and marketing teams
- Our team is remote first with an option to go into our New York City office.
- Small team of close-knit, supportive employees who are passionate about each other and improving people’s health with food
- Competitive Salary + generous PTO policy
- Free weekly Splendid Spoon meals
- Monthly yoga classes
- Company-sponsored virtual hangouts
Splendid Spoon is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.