Whistle is the pet tech brand transforming the way we care for our pets by empowering the people who love them. As the pet wearable market leaders, we track pet’s health, location, and fitness, and provide access to on-demand televet services. By combining pet science and technology, our products help owners care for pets in ways not previously possible, and are changing the way we understand our pet’s overall health and well-being. Whistle is an operating company of Kinship , which is a tech division of Mars Petcare .
How You’ll Create a Better World For Pets
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Email Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team! As an Email Marketing Manager at Whistle, you will be responsible for planning and developing our overall email marketing strategy. You will be responsible for managing the strategy, and ensuring that the business goals are met.
You will be working with the latest marketing technology in collaboration with other Sales and Marketing teams.
He/She/They will be a team player, a team builder and excels at collaborating, partnering and influencing decision making at all levels of the organization. This role will report to the VP of Marketing.
- Manage and build overall email marketing strategy
- Identify target audience and grow our email list
- Design and implement direct email marketing campaigns
- Create various email lists and campaigns
- Create and design various CTAs and email templates
- Test every campaigns success
- Determine email marketing KPIs
- Develop a lead generation strategy
- Increase email subscriptions
- Analyze data to get smart insights
- Suggest methods for improvements
- Segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement and website interactions
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email.
- Proofread emails for clarity, grammar and spelling
- Ensure mobile-friendly email templates
- Write newsletters including all company updates
- Upgrade our email templates using graphics, personalization and advanced features
- Analyze campaign performance and suggest improvements
- Report on sales revenue generated from email marketing efforts
- Ensure emails follow industry policies and best practices
THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO KNOCK IT OUT OF THE DOG PARK:
- Proven work experience as an Email marketing manager or CRM marketing
- Past experience with email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and/or web analytics
- Proficient using marketing automation technology
- Experience using iterable or Klaviyo
- Knowledge of latest digital marketing trends
- Hands on experience with HTML and content management systems
- Familiarity with analytical and database tools
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
- Strong project management skills
- An ability to work under tight deadlines
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field
- Experience with referrals and loyalty a plus
- Extra Bonus: Ultimate dog/pet lover and passionate about improving the lives of pets
We Believe What We Do Is Just As Important As How We Do It, And We Aim To Hire People Who Are
We strive to hire people who are passionate about our purpose. For all of our roles, we look for candidates who will add to our culture and grow with us.
Optimistic. Those who are Courageous. Who’s boundlessly energy and enthusiasm for what’s next shines through in everything they do. We seek to work with people who are intrinsically happy, and who will drive our vision and purpose while managing the complexities of our businesses.
Purposefully Inquisitive. Those who Learn at Pace and use their deep business insights to cultivate innovation. We want the trailblazers in tech. Those who are entrepreneurs at heart, ask the tough questions, adapt quickly to new situations, and analyze data in new ways to push our big ideas forward.
Open to All. Those who Value Difference. People who are inclusive leaders and believe that our differences make us better. We hire people who are naturally collaborative, thrive in a flat and flexible organization, and seek broad perspectives in their work.
WHY JOIN US?
We Offer Our Associates
- Unique opportunities for a customizable career within pet care
- A super collaborative, flat work environment with direct access to our senior leadership team
- Multiple hubs to work from: NYC, San Francisco, Portland, London, Shanghai, and Moscow
- A dog-friendly workplace at most hubs, or right from your couch when you work from home
- Exceptional health, dental, vision, and pet benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work opportunities
- Support for pet-related appointments and leaves
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new child
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- Welcome kits with pet merch & Kinship swag
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship
Mars, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.