As part of the Advance Creative Team, the Email Creative Developer –
Salesforce responsibilities include the production, coding, segmentation, and QA of email modules via HTML5, CSS and Amp Script for email campaigns, e-newsletters, digital ads, etc. in the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform (formerly ExactTarget). Actively engages in concept and design strategies with the design team on layouts and interactions for templates for use within the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform following industry best practices. Incorporates Customer Journeys including personalization and segmentation. Workflow also consists of Proofing and QA of emails prior to deployment using industry standard tools including Litmus. Projects are expected to be completed within a set timeline to ensure delivery according to determined deadlines and budgets. The Email Creative Developer – Salesforce operates under general management supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with the Marketing Department, Vendors, Merchandising Department and other strategic partners to produce/code individual projects, including concept development, production and final execution of layout email campaigns for a variety of internal and external facing projects.
- Code emails in the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform working from design PSD files supplied by internal graphic designers. Slice images in photoshop and upload to Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Utilize, modify and incorporate logic into custom templates for segmentation and personalization to execute specified customer journeys in Salesforce Marketing Cloud using HTML5, CSS and Amp Script (Java Script)
- QA email prior to deployment for internal template adherence following industry best practices
- Work with production personnel to provide input, instruction required to complete production of approved emails smoothly; provide all required specifications to the Marketing Operations Team
- Prepare work for possible presentation/proofing to strategic partners on behalf of the department
- Assist in updating and organizing the digital asset management systems. (Salesforce, WebDAM, AWS)
Proficiency on Macintosh and Windows Platforms using programs to produce, code, and QA all email campaigns created by the Advance Creative Teams, incorporate enhancements for email best practices and deliverability, process and test proof of concepts; as well as utilizing content management systems including:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Acrobat Pro
- Dream Weaver
- Salesforce CRM Software
- Marketing Cloud
- Salesforce Analytics
- Quip Productivity Platform
- Project Management Software
- Proof HQ
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced Coding:
- AWS Front End Development
- Amp Script (Java Script)
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Social Media for Business:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to organize and maintain multiple jobs simultaneously in a detail-oriented and deadline-driven environment; experience in tracking project time, from start to completion. Workfront experience a plus.
Understanding of and ability to communicate coding details, specifications; proficient with photo retouching and manipulations
Experience coding emails with industry best practices for large companies on enterprise platforms is a must. Specific knowledge of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform (formerly ExactTarget) is preferred.
Solid interpersonal and communication skills; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions across all levels of the organization; and cultivate relationships with internal and external customers to achieve business objectives
Membership in National Advertising or Design trade organizations preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Digital Advertising, Marketing, Design
- AND 3-5 years of related experience and/or training
- OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- AND Experience in coding email/websites for large companies on enterprise platforms
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.