The Critical Mass team is hiring an Email Copywriter. We're looking for a seasoned storyteller who loves to collaborate with multi disciplinary teams to bring digital experiences to life. You know how to craft clear, effective, and engaging copy for emails, landing pages, social platforms, marketing, and advertising.
To demonstrate high-quality, insightful approaches with outstanding results, you pull from a wide variety of experiences on past projects. You’ve got a well-rounded knowledge of the disciplines involved in emails and digital media—UX, design, strategy, product development, and frontend development. You’re also a dynamic leader who can champion creative direction with your team and be an inspiring mentor to junior staff.
- Partner with UX designers, art directors, and creative leadership to bring digital products, concepts, and experiences to life.
- Work closely with UX designers and art directors to ensure copy tone and style are consistent with visual tone and style.
- Participate in strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development, and creative execution.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Interact with project teams to understand business objectives and audience demographics.
- Translate creative direction and copy points from creative briefs into engaging and effective copy concepts.
- Maintain the highest standards of copywriting and exercise quality control.
- Navigate numerous layers of feedback (stakeholders, legal, policy, leadership etc.).
- 8 + years’ experience as a copywriter in an agency or client-side environment—including experience with emails, landing pages, and marketing/advertising.
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to write in a range of voices and styles for varied contexts with diverse audiences.
- Proven aptitude for quick, creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines.
- A keen enthusiasm for and demonstrable understanding of Web trends and technologies.
- A strong understanding of UX/UI concepts and practices.
- Experience with brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development, and creative execution.
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively juggle diverse writing demand.
Critical Mass is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you are an individual with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected] .