At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind and founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users and more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students and teachers across the world. If you haven't heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who we are looking for:
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
TpT is looking for an ambitious, action-oriented Email Coordinator to join the Lifecycle Marketing Function. The Email Coordinator will manage incoming email requests, from the intake process, to coordinating with cross-functional partners for assets, to quality assurance (QA), scheduling, and pulling results. This role will report into the Senior Manager of Lifecycle Marketing and work closely with the Email Marketing Manager to evolve email and lifecycle marketing for TpT.
You’ll have exposure across the business, partnering closely with product marketing, product management, content & design, legal, research, and data teams as well as others on the Growth Team to help achieve objectives and key results (OKRs) for the business. You will need to have standout project management skills and feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, managing several different requests/projects at any given time. There is opportunity and growth potential for the right candidate to further support TpT as it continues to grow and evolve to better meet the needs of its customers.
- Take ownership of and evolve our processes around email operations including:
- The intake process for email requests
- Email implementation in our Customer Data Platform (CDP) and ESP
- Email quality assurance (QA)
- Creation of new emails and unsubscribe lists
- Sustainable development of highly personalized emails at scale
- Manage the day-to-day of the intake process for email requests from cross-functional stakeholders (growth marketing managers, product marketing managers, product managers, researchers, brand/content team, and others). This includes ensuring the right level of clarity and detail are available before requests are briefed-in.
- Manage the email marketing calendar across customer segments
- Project management of email implementation including coordination amongst Content, Brand Design, Data Eng, and our third-party developers to launch emails on time.
- Build segments, take ownership of the QA process to mitigate errors, and schedule emails
- Pull campaign and test performance
- Keep email documentation up to date
- Write and review email briefs as needed
- BA/BS degree
- 1-2+ years of work with strong project management experience
- Interest in learning about email marketing and leaning into operations (x-functional coordination, email modification and development (HTML + CSS), and personalization within email)
Qualities of a Successful Candidate:
- Project management experience juggling several requests at any given time
- A stellar communicator focused on creating transparency amongst stakeholders
- Able to identify process challenges and implement process improvements
- Intellectual curiosity to learn technical skills related to creating personalized emails including HTML + CSS, Jinja, and SQL
- Excited about the prospect of delivering targeted, relevant, and personalized campaigns
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Is inspired by our mission to empower educators
- Experience with email marketing
- Experience building/modifying emails with HTML + CSS
- Experience in education, technology, or at an e-commerce company
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually and collectively. To achieve our mission of ‘Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best,’ we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are “We Learn and Grow Together” and “We Enjoy the Journey.” We’ve committed to these values and to our employees through investing in added benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO and Wellness Days
- 5 Week “Recharge Leave” after 5 Years, to refresh and celebrate the impact you’ve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new mothers and fathers) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for birth mothers
- Onsite Mother’s Room
- ‘Employee Resource Groups’ (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity and belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate and learn from each other
- ‘Professional Development’ Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.