Sophia is an industry-leading provider of low-cost, self-paced online general education courses that are transferable for college credit. The leadership of this team is responsible for the growth and marketability of the platform and its offerings.
We are searching for a detail-oriented email coordinator to support all of Sophia’s email marketing efforts. The ideal candidate will have experience executing email campaigns inclusive of creative ideation, building or coding the email, generating the send list, and providing QA.
This candidate will work cross-functionally across creative teams, and internal and external stakeholders to drive marketing results and achieve business objectives in the email channel. They will partner closely with the Email Marketing Associate to execute their strategies and develop the future channel roadmap.
The right person for this role is innately curious, extremely detail-oriented, experienced in HTML / CSS coding for email, and thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Draft creative briefs and work with internal creative team to execute creative for email campaigns.
- Develop strong email vendor relationship.
- Build, QA, schedule and deploy all email campaigns and flows.
- Create optimized email templates aligned with current best practices for responsive design, increased engagement/calls to action and consistent branding.
- Regular reporting on email performance; identify trends and proposing new ideas to test in channel.
- Knowledge of email best practices – subject lines, layout, targeting, deliverability and CAN-SPAM laws.
- Proficient in HTML and CSS, with experience coding responsive email templates.
- Data-driven thinking and an affinity for numbers.
- Strong communication skills.
- 1+ years experience in executing email campaigns, including (but not limited to) creative ideation, coding / building the email, providing QA before launch, and building the send lists using specific criteria.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects based on business needs.
- Experience using Hubspot as an email service provider is preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must be able to travel occasionally should a business need arise. For most roles travel would not be common. Travel may involve plane, car or metro. In accordance with ADA policies, reasonable accommodations regarding travel limitations can be provided. Travel will be more common for roles such as Account Executives (25 - 50%), senior leaders (10 – 20%) or Capella Core Faculty (5 – 10%).
- Ability to work onsite in Corporate or Campus location (in a typical office environment) may be required based on role. If so, this would include being mobile within the office, including movement from floor-to-floor using elevators or stairs.
- If offsite or hybrid role, must have access to work in setting which enables meeting all requirements of the role (including privacy, reliable internet access, phone, ability to video conference, etc.) at a remote location.
- Faculty and Federal Work Study roles require access to work in setting which enables meeting all requirements of the role (including computer, privacy, reliable internet access, phone, ability to video conference, etc.) at a remote location.
- This role may require lifting, however reasonable accommodations will be provided in accordance with our ADA policies.
- Must be able to meet critical thinking and problem solving aspects aligned to job duties, as well as effectively communicating with co-workers. Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant. Accommodations related to schedule may be considered.
- Able to access information using a computer.
- Other essential functions and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected].