Who We Are Looking For
As we accelerate our 1:1 digital marketing offense, we need an Owned Communications Director for the Email channel to join our Global Team. This person is a digital savvy strategic problem solver with a proven track record of working within a highly matrixed and sometimes ambiguous environment to create successful, capability-led plans for the marketing program execution in the Email channel informed by data, experimentation, and long-term business goals.
This collaborative leader has expertise in creating holistic direct marketing programs across email communications categories for marketing campaigns, marketing triggers, and transactional triggers to drive new levels of engagement and retention. This leader should also understand cross-channel communication planning across email, push notification and SMS for omni-channel journey planning. This leader should have experience with channel capability roadmap business prioritization, audience segmentation strategy, CRM, and a passion for great omni-channel customer experiences!
We need someone who has a track record of leading and influencing high-caliber teams in fast paced and complex environments, and a desire to be at the center of a massive transformation of Nike’s digital capabilities with the Athlete* at the center.
We are also looking for a someone who understands managing the marketing strategy behind MarTech capabilities to empower the execution of personalized direct marketing digital experiences across the Email channel. Experience driving pilot-to-scale testing programs for channel marketing features will also be important to this role. Understanding digital and testing capabilities needed to enable full funnel personalized consumer journeys is key.
What You Will Work On
You will be responsible for developing and leading the global capability strategy for marketing use cases across Nike’s Email channel, channel audience health and segmentation to create engaging, personalized, and rewarding experiences for our consumers that are measurable. You will collaborate and advocate cross-functionally to plan and prioritize marketing capability requests for roadmap placement. The role will oversee the execution of these strategies and capabilities to enable our Geo Marketing partners’ Email marketing programs and the success measure outcomes from them. The role will also partner with the push notifications, SMS, Owned Platforms and Stores teams to create integrated, full funnel O2O experiences.
Who You Will Work With
You will be part of the be part of the Global Owned Marketing Communications team and will lead a cross-functional offense with partners across Consumer Direct Marketing, Membership, Digital Product, Technology, Stores, Analytics, Privacy and our four Geographies to drive a truly global, enterprise transformation of how we serve Members across the One Nike Marketplace.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of relevant education, 2 years of experience, and training
- 5 - 8 years proven experience in mobile messaging or email channels, audience segmentation, CRM, digital or direct marketing
- Prior people leadership experience
- Previous experience managing marketing programs for channels
- Experience working with digital products, roadmaps and planning tools & tactics (eg Agile)
- Experience working with global markets and thinking about scalable benefits and programs that also localize where appropriate
- Ability to ingest multiple data sources across consumer research, testing, and business inputs and develop recommended action
- Ability to effectively communicate membership strategy, requirements, and capabilities and drive progress with partners across the matrix
- Ability to consistently deliver impact and strong cross-functional partnerships
- Strong organizational and process skills including financial based modeling, P&L returns, and forecasting
- Attention to detail and ability to handle and prioritize simultaneous projects
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.